Star Wars Episode 9 News

New Episode 9 News Has Star Wars Fans Excited

Episode 9 will be taking place a full year after Episode 8 took place leaving the story wide open for Disney/Lucasfilms to run with.

29
https://unsplash.com/photos/XO9uCZZaipE
James Pond

News just hit the streets that Episode 9 of Star Wars will take place one year after the ending of Episode 8. If you don't remember how Episode 8 ended, Rey was just casually flexing all of her Jedi muscles lifting a ton of rocks, pretty sweet. I think I speak for most fans in saying that taking a year gap in the story is probably for the best.

I know a lot of people felt that the last movie ended, the door was wide open to take the trilogy in any direction. Taking a year gap gives plenty of time for both the Empire and the Rebellion to regroup and set up their next course of action. For moviegoers such as us, this will be much more entertaining to watch compared to starting right where they left off. No one wants to watch emo Kylo Ren listening to My Chemical Romance while the Rebellion figures out who they even have left alive. Solid move by my boy Mickey Mouse taking charge to jump the story a little bit, should be fun for all viewers.

Now there was a lot of controversy around Episode 8, a lot of fans didn't like it, some thought it was too similar to the original trilogy, and others thought they were going to see The Greatest Showman. All in all the one good thing that I think everyone should agree on, is how open the story is. At this point in time, good ol' Disney has no excuses to make the ending anywhere close to the original trilogy. There are too many exciting plot lines to wrap up here. We need to figure out what this connection Kylo Ren and Rey share, and if either of them will switch sides. No one knows what's going to happen to the Rebellion after they were left in shambles. Will Phasma finally have an actual role in the franchise? And I'm still trying to figure out what that bullshit Superman move Leia pulled off in Episode 8.

This is the end of the trilogy, known as the "big finale" so we as fans are bound to see some crazy stuff. Probably another major death, or some huge plot twist that'll leave people pissed or excited who knows. The best move in all this by Disney is how much this opens for the expanded universe. All the books, comics, TV shows, merchandise, expanded stories, etc are going to be set up for the Star Wars stories to live on. This is great for fans and younger audiences trying to get more immersed in the story.

All in all, however, Disney wraps up this trilogy will be exciting and huge for Star Wars fans all around. As long as they continue making movies I'll be happy, and I'm sure the rest of the fan base will be too.