The Stages Of Moving To A New Place As Told By Hannah Montana

It could be the best of both worlds, but you'll always find your way back home.

19
Blogspot

One of the many things I didn't want to hear in my lifetime were my parents saying, "We're moving," especially since I've been living in my house for my whole life. A million thoughts run through your head such as, "Will I still see my friends/boyfriend/girlfriend?" "Where/when are we moving?" "I don't want to move!" You might even shed a tear or two...or a couple hundred. It might even make you nauseous just thinking about leaving behind what you grew up with. Just the thought of "change"—everyone's least favorite word—makes you sick to your stomach and your head spin. I'm sure Miss Hannah Montana/Miley Stewart can relate.

1. Finding out you're moving.

2. Resentment towards your parents.

3. Breaking the news to your friends/significant other.

4. Getting sad just thinking about it.

5. Whenever someone brings up the "m word," in general

6. Getting the grand tour of the new house and realizing it's not all that bad.

7. ...but your immediate reaction is "I hate it."

8. But yet you're slowly learning to accept it the fact that you are moving and there's nothing you can do about it.

9. Realizing you have such little time before the move and you have yet to pack.

10. Finding things from your childhood as you pack.

11. Sitting in your room and thinking of all the memories made in not just your house, but your town.

12. Dealing with random strangers coming inside your house (prospective buyers).

13. Making plans with your friends/boyfriend/girlfriend to visit you.

14. Realizing a new place means new adventures and a new beginning for your family.

Remember Lucas Till from the movie?

15. The day you move... so bittersweet (there may be tears involved).

16. But then you realize you're out of that boring town full of people you never really liked in the first place.

17. Arriving at your new house.

18. Being exhausted from this whole process.

19. But you might as well get used to the new environment because that's where you'll be living till you move out!

I conclude with this insight: whether we are happy or sad has more to do with our attitude than with our situation. We have more control over our attitudes than we do over the things that happen to us. Attitude over situation comes also comes with acceptance. Moving is just another thing I'll have to accept. Remember this if you and your family are moving, too.