Spring Has Officially Sprung And I'm Loving It

The weather is finally starting to become consistently nice and I have felt a positive effect on my mood.

24

It's that time of year we have all been waiting for, the beginning of spring. Over the past week in Delaware it has been in the low 70's, the effects of this have been seen throughout campus. Whether it be more people wearing shorts and t-shirts, or people out on the green in the afternoon. Some students will gather with their friends to throw the Frisbee or football, while others will sit on the grass and either talk or do homework. It is really great to see how active the campus becomes when the sun is out, it creates a whole new vibe on "the green", which if you are not a UD student is the long stretch of grass in the center of campus the lies in the middle of academic buildings and some dorms.

It can be tough to stay motivated to attend afternoon classes when the weather is no nice out, especially since it has been something that has been unseen in Delaware for the past few months, with the exception of a few days. Now the weather seems like it is finally consistently great. For myself, I only have one afternoon class on Tuesday's and Thursday's, but some days it feels criminal to sit inside when it is sunny and in the 70's. I also feel the problem of staying motivated with studying and homework, I would rather just sit outside and soak up the sun. It can be easy to get caught up in that mindset, but it is important to remember that this is just the beginning of the nice weather, it will be here through August so there is time.

With the changing of seasons, spring can also bring a lot of unwelcome allergies to many, especially when the pollen is high. I don't usually suffer too much from allergies, but I know friends and family who consistently have problems during the spring.

For me, spring is better than summer because the weather isn't too severe. When it gets too hot it can be unbearable to stay outside for too long without feeling overheated and dehydrated. Walking outside in the evening and not having to put on a sweatshirt or jacket is one of the few great feeling that can't be beat.

At least now that the weather is nice, I don't feel as bad staying home over break while seeing all the posts of people on vacation in Florida and Punta Cana. I was beginning to suffer from some serious FOMO while being bored at home.