Spending The Summer Working Is Better Than Partying

I'm Spending My Summer Working 40+ Hours A Week, And That's Better Than A Summer Of Partying

And that's how I prefer to spend my time.

50
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi-kq0cl50b/?taken-by=lululemon

Summer. One of the most anticipated times of the year, no matter your age. Each year of school, we all looked forward to summer because it means a two and a half month break from school. When we're younger, it just means we're hanging out with friends or hanging out at home a lot.

As you get older, summer means a break from school — but you don't get a break from working. Of course, there are some people who have the luxury of not working all the time, but I'm not one of those people.

But even though I have to spend my free time and summers working a lot, that's better than spending my time partying and doing nothing productive.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with having fun. I still have time to see my friends and family and spend time relaxing around my work schedule, but I'd rather be working all the time than just sitting around, "hanging out" all summer.

Yeah, working all the time is tiring. I take a nap almost every single day I work because I have to wake up at 5 a.m. all the time. My feet are usually killing me because I work 9-10 hour shifts and never really have a chance to sit down. But I'm still glad to spend my summer working all these hours.

As a college student who's just trying to graduate and move onto the next step, working all these hours means that I'll have money to pay my tuition next semester. I'll have money to pay my rent for my apartment while I'm going to school. I'll have money to pay my bills for the semester. And if something happens, I won't have to kill myself with hours during the semester to make sure I have money. I'll be able to focus my time on my school work.

So, yeah, I might be missing out on the partying that other college students do during the summer and I might not get to spend every single day outside by the pool or at the beach.

But I prefer to spend my summer working all the time.