My Definition of a Soulmate
popular

My Definition of a Soulmate

Because we're forever young and beautiful.

2225
My Definition of a Soulmate
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_S1J5TxgVG.jpeg

January 7, 2018

soul mate

?s?l ?m?t/ 

-a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner.

What is a soulmate, in all honesty? I mean, everyone has their own definition of the deep, meaningful word, right? Fairly recently, I had been asked what my definition of the word was, well here goes nothing at my adaptation of a soulmate. 

A soulmate, to me, is someone you can feel within yourself that you know is meant to be with you for the rest of not only your life, but theirs as well. It’s someone who just gets you. Someone that loves you on a deeper level than a family member or just a friend could ever love you. It’s someone who wants to be with you and only you for the rest of eternity. 

A soulmate keeps you on their mind not twenty-four seven, but most of the day and keeps them in their thoughts through every decision they’ll ever have to make. 

My soulmate? Well, I didn’t know it at the time, but I met him at the really young age of nineteen in A11 of Target Springfield-West. His name? John T. Kilgore.

I feel as if a soulmate isn’t someone you look for and put effort into looking for. It’s someone that comes to you, with little to no warning, on either end. It’s completely unexpected, but it’s the best surprise they pair will ever get in their lives. 

You, in all honesty, cannot just sit around and wait for “Prince Charming” or “Cinderella” to come to you. Nor can you keep swiping left and right on peoples pictures to see if you’re a match with the person, simply because it just won’t happen. Love finds you, you don’t find it.

Love can be very complicated. It’s probably one of the hardest feelings you’ll ever endor, but it’s the best feeling you’ll ever feel at the same time. Love is rare these days, with what you hear in the news, divorce rate going up, down and all around. You’ve got the really cherish what you have with your soulmate, because it’s your one and only for life. 

Life is precious. A lot of people miss out on opportunities on love because they’re either too afraid, or too much of a ‘chicken’ to admit they love someone. But all in all, love is worth it in my book. Love is special and a soulmate is rare, take it run. 

Add Music EmbedCancel