Sophomore Year Worries

Sophomore Year Worries

Concerns I have before starting my sophomore year of college.

50
Sophomore Year Worries
UsNews

In about a month, I will be starting my sophomore year of college. I am very excited to start taking classes more focused on my major, but I also have a few worries in the back of my mind. Sophomore year is going to be a total 360 from freshman year, and that both excites me and frightens me.

Last year, I had major roommate issues. So the fact that sophomore year is approaching and I am going to be living with a few new people, I'm worried I will again have issues. I am going to try and remain on the bright side and hope that the new roommates will be nice and easy going. One can only hope for the best, I just wish I wasn't worried.

The internet connection on campus last year was terrible. I basically had to go over my uncle and cousin's house every time I needed to do an assignment for class. I'm worried that nothing was done to improve the connection for students and I will yet again, have to rely on family so I can do my school work on time. I know many other students who lived on campus had issues with the Wi-Fi, so to go into my sophomore year and know that nothing was done to fix the problem, worries me. I worry that my school work won't get done in time because I wouldn't have access to internet.

I am worried that I won't like the classes I am scheduled to take and that I will want to change my major completely. Right now, my major is set to be business management. I have never taken a business course, but I feel like it would be great to focus on the hospitality side of management and I could one day own/run my own hotel. However, since I am going into these classes with no business background, I am worried I will be a couple weeks into my classes and not be happy with what I choose as my major. I am hoping that I lucked out and that my classes interest me, at least enough to keep business management as my major.

Finances worry me going into my sophomore year. I want to be able to support myself and hopefully get my own apartment sometime within the near future, along with a vehicle. However, I only have a part-time job and I worry that I won't be able to save any time soon to have and do the things I want. More importantly, I want to be able to get my own place. I love the area that my school is in, and the fact that I am not a fan of dorm living will make me happier once I don't have to do it. Getting my own place is top priority but it's also a worry because I also need money for food and other necessities.

Going into my sophomore year, I have many worries. The only thing that is making me not stress as much, is the fact that everything will work out just maybe not at the pace I want. I am just going to tackle it all one thing at a time and I know it will all fall in place at the end.