15 Throwback Turning 10 in 2019

These 15 Songs Are Turning 10 In 2019

2009 was easily the best year for music and these throwbacks prove it!

210
These 15 Songs Are Turning 10 In 2019
VEVO

2009 provided the world with some of the greatest songs of the early 2000s. These 15 songs have a way of taking me back to middle school and reminding me of the ~good old days~. I am definitely missing a bunch of the songs that made 2009 such an iconic year. But knowing these songs are already a decade old makes me feel so old and irrelevant.

1. One Time -Justin Bieber

I'm pretty sure I spent all of 2009 convincing myself I was going to marry Justin Bieber. And then all of 2010. And 2011.

2. Boom Boom Pow -Black Eyed Peas

I have no clue how this song was as popular as it was, but I remember the summer of 2009 and having this song playing constantly.

3. Empire State Of Mind -Jay Z and Alicia Keys

Bonus points for anyone in the New York/New Jersey area who remembers when Z100 made a Yankees parody of this song and played it constantly when they were in the World Series.

4. Party in the USA -Miley Cyrus

This song still goes hard. 2009 also brought us "The Climb" so its safe to say 2009 was Miley's year.

5. Fireflies -Owl City

6. Right Round -Flo Rida

I have very vivid middle school dance memories right now

7. Fire Burning -Sean Kingston

I don't really know where Sean Kingston is now, but I am thankful he gave us this song

8. Best I Ever Had -Drake

I'm pretty sure that this was the first Drake song I had ever heard, besides that one time he rapped on Degrassi and it has only gotten better since then. ILY Drake!

9. 21 Guns -Green Day

10. Good Girls Go Bad -Cobra Starship ft. Leighton Meester

First of all, this music video is probably why I have an obsession with speakeasies. Second of all, I had such a huge Cobra Starship phase and this is what started it. All in all, this song is iconic. Happy 10th birthday!!

11. Down -Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne

12. Bad Romance -Lady Gaga

I was afraid of Lady Gaga back in the day, but luckily I grew up and now recognize her talent!

13. Run This Town -Jay Z ft. Rihanna

14. Day 'N' Night -Kid Cudi

15. Love Drunk -Boys Like Girls

This song still rocks. Also Ashley Tisdale is in the music video, which is very early 2000s.