5 Songs To Listen To Today

5 Songs To Listen To Today

These are five songs that came to my mind today. Give these a listen!

88
5 Songs To Listen To Today
Pexel

The weather is easing up after a sudden snow day, and the sun is calling for less gloomy vibes. Because of this, it is time to pull out your playlists and give these five songs a listen to. The focus of today is soul and neo-soul:

1. The Internet, Prod. KAYTRANADA - "Girl:"

When I've had enough of studying and want to go on a drive around Winston-Salem, NC, this is one of the songs that come up at the beginning and the end of my short trip. Syd's voice is very under-looked, with critics calling her underdeveloped. I disagree, but you'll have to give this a listen to really understand what I'm talking about here.

2. Smino ft. Ravyn Lenae - "Glass Flows:"

This was my song of Summer 2017. I listened to this track at least 4 times a day, not including 2x in the car. A very soulful duet with underground artist Smino and the soulful Ravyn Lenae. Give this a chance.

3. Robert Glasper ft. Erykah Badu, Phonte - "Afro Blue:"

Robert Glasper is a 2x Grammy winner and we don't need to introduce Erykah. Phonte is a Greensboro native that has had some success. They all complement themselves in this remix of the original song.

4. Sampha - "Blood on Me:"

Sampha is an interesting, yet pleasant voice from South London. His unique voice and take on standard genres have given him a lot of attention. As of recently, he's been incorporated a lot in the discographies of infamous US/Canadian artists (i.e. Drake, Kanye West, etc). This song is a sample of his potential as an up and coming artist.

5. Amy Winehouse - "Stronger Than Me:"

A fantastic voice, talent and discography that is coupled with a saddening story.