Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland

A Mysterious but Yet Wonderful Scene

14
Winter Wonderland

Mysterious white things flutter down towards me, tickling my face, and melts as it hits it. The white things are cold at first, but then they warm to my skin. What is this wonderful stuff?

My mother once told me this was snow, but I have never experienced it myself, since the Midwest became drastically warm all year round. I was told that this land was once a winter wonderland, mysterious in everyway, covering every square inch with this cold, wondrous white stuff. Creating endless possibilities for new things to do during this cold, but beautiful time. As my father tells me, he used to build snowmen, and have snowball fights with his brothers, and go ice skating and even ski. I do not know what any of those things are, but I can just imagine what they were like by his description.

I stand outside in wonder, staring at the trees as they catch the snow, creating a world that is wonderful and unimaginable at the same time. Snow makes everything become instantly beautiful, the air becomes still; no animals are out and about. The only sound uttered is the sound of the snow crunching under my feet.

I start to notice the snow landing on my dark long hair, making it become white and damp. The amazing part of all of this snow was that each single piece is different. Just like how my mom used to tell me how special I was. Every morning she would make me look in the mirror, and told me that “You are beautiful. You are special. And you can accomplish anything”. To this day I still say that to myself when I am getting ready. I am not the only special one though, all people and animals are special in their own way, they all just do their own thing. Kind of like how the snow floats down to my face. They have no course; they just go on their own. It’s just wonderfully magical.