Six Common Mistakes Everyone Made Their Freshman Year

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." -Oscar Wilde

6

1. Going out before a test.

That whole “you've-been-studying-so-hard-so-you-should-celebrate-the–night-before-for-good-luck" thing? Yeah, not real life. Those people are trying to sabotage you and laugh at you when they make a better grade. Don't fall for it.

2. Ordering a Blackout Bucket.

I don't think I need to elaborate on this one really.

3. Snapchatting while downtown.

Who knew your entire dignity could be shattered in 143 seconds and three strongly worded text messages from your mother the next morning? Happy Sunday.

4. Not taking care of yourself.

Turns out if you forget your flu shot, you're a whole lot more likely to get the flu. During finals week. After everyone has already left for Christmas break. So you'll have to take an exam with a 101.6 degree fever. Yeah...

5. Believing boys/girls will be different in college.

I know your mom said you'd find a nice boy/sweet girl at college, but you're definitely going to run into some duds before you find a winner. Like duds that lie about having a boyfriend/girlfriend. Or duds that only want one thing... Respect yourself and hold out. It's so totally worth it when you find someone awesome.

6. Forgetting to thank your parents.

Even though they get on your nerves and aren't "cool" all the time, I promise your parents want to be involved in your life. And they sacrifice a lot for you, so just send them a text every now and then that says something other than, "Can you put money in my account please?"

Freshman Year will be the best time of your life. Don't make my mistakes. You'll make your own mistakes. Learn from them, and kick ass the rest of your life. Freshman Year, you've been everything I wanted and way more than I could have imagined.

**Cue Vitamin C "Graduation" song**