Sims 2 Was The Best Sims Game And You Know It

My childhood consisted of the computer, Sims 2 and cherry coke.

11
Sims 2

If you really knew me, you would know that all I ever do is play The Sims. I grew up playing the Sims 2 because of my sister Haley, who introduced me to it sometime during elementary school and I become obsessed. My sister and I would even have Sims parties that consisted of us both playing Sims in the same room for hours, it was so much fun. It was all that I did when I got home from school or skating. My mom would get mad at me for not unloading the dishwasher because I was instead playing the Sims (it was worth it though, sorry Mom).

First of all, the Sims 2 had the weirdest things programmed into their game. Anybody remember the alien family in Strangetown? Well, I do. I never knew that a pregnant male alien was possible until then. One time I wanted to see what was up with that family and get the inside scoop so I made my girl marry into the family. It did not last long because I was just so spooked. Also, this game had the weirdest things you could put in your home. Would I ever want a man-eating cow plant in my home? No, but, my Sim had plenty in their greenhouse.

media.giphy.com

Sometimes, you could make your Sims do the craziest stuff but, most of the time the game would glitch out and do it for you. I would always use the "bolprooftesting" cheat which could make my swim do whatever I wanted it to. I have made witches, werewolves, and I have even just given my sim a random pimple using that cheat code. Speaking of cheat codes, the best ones were the "family funds" and "motherlode" because it gave you instant money without having to do the nine to five every day. Now, you can only do "motherlode" which only gives you $50,000.

media.giphy.com

Another reason why the Sims 2 was so great is because of their expansion packs. They made the best expansion packs I have ever seen. My favorites were Sims 2 University, Sims 2 Seasons and Sims 2 Open for Business. Now I know that they have these games in other Sims like three and four but, it is simply just not the same. Sims 2 Seasons, for example, had such a cool ice rink, snow, rain puddles, greenhouse, etc. So does Sims 3 and Sims 4, I am sure but it is just not the same. Sims 2 Seasons is my childhood and nothing will change that. Now, I am pretty upset that my Sims 2 Open for Business disc is scratched up because I had so much fun running my own shop and making money off of it. RIP Open for Business.

I have not experienced this much fun with other Sims games as I have with Sims 2. I wish they still made Sims 2 games but, they will forever remain in my childhood and heart. Thank god for Sims 3 and 4 for keeping the Sims go on.