We all know that one soccer fan that nobody seems to understand. That is because not so many Americans are fans of the beautiful game. But the ones that are fulfill a distinct persona. And this is what it really is:
1. You Call Football "Soccer" and Hand-Egg "Football"
Unfortunately, American has called football "soccer" since the beginning of time. It doesn't exactly make sense; but it is part of being a soccer fan from America.
2. You Have a Fancy Hair Cut
Have to rock that fresh cut!
3. You Have This Pair of Soccer Shorts
These shorts are so ugly. Yet everyone seems to have them. Though, you do not count as a fan if you had these shorts when you were four. That is because everyone had these shorts when they were four which, is also because every person in the entire United States of America played soccer when they were four.
4. Your style consists of soccer jerseys with jeans or khaki's
Your kit(s) may not be as dank as this one pictured below; but surely your style has at least one of these.
5. You Are Part of The American Outlaws
No, this does not mean you are just one of America's outlaws. Rather, it means you are a part of the largest fan club of US Soccer.
6. You Go to MLS Games Wearing anything related to soccer that you can find
Okay, some MLS fans are dedicated enough to go to matches reppin' their teams colors. Though, often times, the dress code for MLS matches is just any soccer jersey.
7. In Europe, you support Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, or Juventus
That's right you are likely a bandwagon of European teams if you care enough beyond Major League Soccer to support another team. Often times, American Fans do not look into the teams they support as much as the fans from Europe.
8. Pick-up Games Are Your Favorite Thing to do to stay Physically Active
Baseball likes to say baseball is America's favorite past time. But it is actually soccer if you think about how often pick-up games are going on in America.
9. Alex Morgan is your biggest crush
Something about that girl, man.