10 Signs You Should Sign Up For Sorority Recruitment

Whether you already know you want to rush or you know nothing about sororities, there's a good chance rushing will help you find your home on campus.

394
Mekenna Passner

When I started college last year, campus felt so big to me. It didn't feel like I had a "home" on campus yet, so when sorority recruitment sign-ups opened I knew that it was a good option for me.

1. You want to make campus feel smaller.

If you feel like you don't really fit in anywhere on campus yet, then sign up for recruitment! Once you find your new home you'll gain hundreds of sisters.

2. You want an on-campus family.

There's no better feeling than having a close group in your sorority know as your pham.

3. You want to keep busy.

You're always going to have events in a sorority and you'll constantly be hanging out with sisters, going to social events, helping out with philanthropy events, and chapter meetings.

4. You want to meet tons of amazing girls.

Each sorority sister is unique and amazing in her own way. You'll get to know so many people whether they're in your sorority or another sorority on campus.

5. You want to be a part of amazing philanthropies.

Each sorority supports their philanthropies of choice and participates in various events throughout the year to raise money and awareness.

6. You love feeling like you're a part of something great.

Sororities are a great way to get involved on campus. Whether your school has a large Greek Life presence or not, joining a sorority gives you a gateway into other organizations on campus. Girls that you meet are going to be involved in other organizations that you may be interested in. Your sorority is known on campus and you're representing your sisters always.

7. You like themed parties.

Every social event will have a theme and it's so much fun to get dressed up with everyone and of course take really great pictures.

8. You love surprises.

During big little week you're going to be participating in a ton of surprises. Either you're going to be surprising your little, g-little, or g-g-little, or you'll be surprised by your pham. It's one of the best weeks of the whole year.

9. You like having someone in any situation.

With so many sisters you're guaranteed to be able to have someone to help you in any situation. You'll become super close with so many girls and they can make any bad day a great day.

10. You want to follow in the footsteps of great women.

Plenty of sorority sisters have gone on to make change in the world and by joining a sorority you have their legacy to follow which is an incredible honor.

So go ahead and sign up for sorority recruitment! It'll be such a great experience and you're sure to find your home and your people.