Why You Should Definitely Look Into Studying Abroad

Have you ever wanted to expand your horizons and learn while doing it?

7
Samot

Have you ever found yourself consumed with wanderlust? Have you ever wanted to take the chance to study in new places and expand your horizons? If you answered yes, then there are multiple reasons why you should most definitely look into studying abroad. Even if you find that you are unsure of whether you would like to give it a try or not, you should still at least contact your school and see what options you have available and if see if you qualify for any of the programs. When you study abroad, you are showing that you are open to new possibilities. With traveling to a different country comes many things to absorb; new foods, new people, new activities, and new culture. There are so many people who live in this world and taking the opportunity to expand yourself and your views by traveling and being a part of the moment is a chance of a lifetime that is not always going to be available. Here are a couple (of the many different reasons) why you should take the chance to study abroad.

You can try to learn a new language.

If you travel to a new country or place where people speak a different language, you have both the opportunity to look into studying AND practicing the language. When my sister had the opportunity to study abroad in France, she took would go to her favorite bakery and would ask the baker for the food she wanted using the French that she had studied earlier that day. When you are able to speak with someone in a completely different country in a different language, the feeling of accomplishment completely overwhelms you. Even if you are unsure that you are saying something correctly, I’ve been told that people still really appreciate that you are trying to branch out and learn. Learning a new language takes practice, and placing yourself where there are many opportunities to practice is the best way to accomplish learning a new language.

It’s the perfect way to start over brand new and be honest with yourself.

When you travel to an unfamiliar place, why not try to use that time to get to know yourself? You should definitely be careful and be smart with your money, but it’s also very nice giving new things a try! There’s a new sushi place right down the street from your dorm building and a couple of your classmates are going? If you can afford it and know that you like fish and rice already then why not give sushi a shot? You’ve always wanted to become a morning person? Maybe waking up in time to see the sunset from a different part of the world will help motivate you to get to bed earlier. This is your time to explore and learn, so give it your all and look into traveling into a different country!

You can make a bunch of new friends and then come back to visit them later in life

When you attend classes in a different country, you are sure to meet a bunch of new people. You may have to collaborate on group projects or at least communicate a little bitwith other people, so there is a huge chance that you will end up making some new friends! If you do end up making some friends, they can show you what wonders they see on the daily that you’ve never seen. Another cool thing about making new friends in different countries is that if you ever decide to come back, maybe you can go and schedule a visit with them!

You will challenge yourself and it will look amazing on your resume.

While it is an incredible opportunity to be able to go to a different country, it is extremely important that you remember that you are there to learn and study as well as explore! What is a better way to prove how ready you are to enter your field than opening yourself up to traveling to a different part of the world to study your major? Employers seek people who are willing to reach outside of their comfort zone and are willing to feel vulnerable. When an employer looks at your resume and it says that you have studied abroad, it will be more likely that they hire you as an employee.

YOUR STORY COLLECTION WILL REACH AWESOME NEW LEVELS.

Imagine all the stories you will be able to tell once you get back home. You will have created and ended another chapter of your life and you will have done it in a different part of the world. If you are willing to travel and become vulnerable to new opportunities, then you should definitely look into what options you have for studying abroad.