Sexual Assault At Penn State

Sexual Assault At Penn State

Let's make awareness about this issue!

27
Sexual Assault At Penn State
Yamily Santana

Everyone at some point in their life has experienced sexual assault in the Penn State community. It is an unfortunate reality that women and men have to suffer. No is a powerful word, but some people think that it is not important. Well, for me, it is stop, get away from me, no, and I changed my mind. These are essential factors someone speaking up and telling you how they feel don't disregard what the individual is telling you. It would help if you always listened to someone when they don't feel comfortable in something that you are doing. Many bars and clubs women drink, and men drink and only because you are drunk that is not consent. Many men think that it is right to grab girls when they are drunk. I need to sit and chat with their mothers on how they are were raised if they think that this behavior is appropriate.

Ladies, I recommend walking with a buddy or taking an Uber if it is late on campus. Unfortunately, those are the actions that we must take to protect ourselves. Buy a pepper spray and keep it in your hand or pocket at all times. I've had my fair share on sexual assault on the Penn State campus, but as a young child, my dad taught me how to box, so I know kickboxing, and I box. My goal is to learn Capoeira is a Brazilian martial art. There are many rules that we need to protect ourselves. If you get drunk, have a trusted friend to help you out. I've noticed many women leaving their friends drunk at bars, and, unfortunately, I am not blaming anyone, and I'm not saying people need to control what they drink. I never drink because I don't do that. I like being aware of my surroundings, and I know that when a woman is too drunk, she gets taken advantage of, so I will instead be safe than sorry. Damn, I wish people would chill and let us woman be at peace. It gets tiring going out, and men always wanting to touch you and force themselves on you. Like, let women be free and stop being so rude and disgusting!

But be careful if your friends abandon you in a bar and you are DRUNK. I don't see this story ending in the right place. I was at a bar that I will not mention the name of due to specific reasons. A horrible thing happened but not expected when you are a woman. A woman was left at a bar and just came up to me for help, and I decided that I was going to help her. Some guys came up to me and asked me if I was okay all up in my face, and that is a phrase to see if you are drunk enough for them to take you with them. I told the guy to get away from me and that I am fine. He left me alone, but throughout the night, he was still looking for a drunk girl to take them. He teams up with a man that was taller than him for him to go and help him find a drunk enough girl. Little that I know the girl that I decided to help became their target. The night was going right. I was dancing with her, and it is funny how you can go to the bar and meet girls and become friends. The girls that left her there are not her friends.

If you don't like someone, don't go out with them is that don't leave them alone when they are intoxicated. If you leave someone behind, you shouldn't be considered to keep being part of their lives. There are simple bar rules, but people don't care.

You don't leave anyone that you came with a behind by themselves! So I was on the stage of the bar, and the man came up to me and was so close to my face, but this guy was three times the size of me. The security was watching even man and that bar, but you know how humanity is now a day no one cares about anyone just off themselves. So I took them off the stage and told him to stop and to leave us alone, but then the security guard came, and they didn't kick him out. He was going and made fun of me because they kicked him out. He then swung at me, and I blocked it. He then turned around and put his middle finger up at me, and I did not have it. I told him what his problem was? If he had an issue, we could solve it like MAN because in State College, you can't be a woman because we are viewed as weak you need to be animalistic to get respected in this community. He left and then I took the girl home.

Moral of the story, there was staff there that knew the security, but people in this world thrive when they see people being hurt and is something that I don't understand. If you are going to be a security guard in a bar should do his job. I shouldn't be doing your job for you. I'm not getting paid for it period. When you see something and don't do anything you are part of the problem.I'm sick and tired of the abuse women have to go through. Wear what you want; men are supposed to control themselves. Just watch out of your surroundings and watch out who you have as friends. Friends are not the ones that ditch you. If someone ditches you, they don't want to be seen with you.