The Senior Year Odyssey

The Senior Year Odyssey

Here is what senioritis does to you and what senior year looks like in general.

150
The Senior Year Odyssey
Frable Consulting

Okay. It’s March. March! We are halfway done with our last semester of undergrad. Say, what? It feels like just yesterday was my first day of undergrad. I remember walking in not knowing anyone. Seeing all the upperclassmen and just thinking that I would never fit in here. Weeks went by and little by little I became more comfortable with this whole college thing. I was on my own. I wasn’t living at home. I had to fend for myself. I was so scared but I knew I could make it, and I did. I’m here now, my last semester and I’m way too comfortable for my own good. There’s this disease that develops to all final year students, it is completely incurable, it's called senioritis. It could be the worst thing ever. It doesn’t allow you to do your work, to put actual effort into what you look like, or to basically do anything other than binge-watch Netflix. For those of you that have only experienced High School senioritis, you’re in for a treat. It is a lot more consuming your senior year of college. Here is what senioritis does to you and what senior year looks like in general:

Or any day really. Every single day is a struggle during your last year of college. There is no way around it. You just don’t want to go to class. Capstone classes= the worst.

You have zero patience for petty drama. You’ve been here for four years and people should know not to be dumb by now... but no.

If you actually do make it to class there is no way that you’re paying attention. At this rate, you should be getting a second degree in ‘Texting Without Looking.’

You definitely change a lot during college, when you come to think about it your senior year, you’re a completely different person from that freshman that walked in four years ago.

It seems that you forget how to do the most simple of tasks right before walking in on your last first day of school.

Yeah, you do. Sweatpants are life.

Maybe not every senior says this a time or two but you’ll at least be told this by someone.

When you realize that graduation is right around the corner and you actually need to try to get a ‘job thing.’

Sometimes (most of the time) people just ask way too much of you. 'You mean we have to go to class AND do homework?'

Pizza. Tacos. Ice cream. Basically anything that’s bad for you. Try not to think about it too much.

Taking risks is an everyday thing for seniors. Have a test today? Study? Not at all. Cool. Neither did the whole back row.

The sass is completely necessary but totally unbelievable especially when you walk by the little freshman.

Nap time and bedtime are the best times.

But there’s nothing better than realizing that you are about to embark on another amazing journey.

You will always remember your college days but nothing compares to your senior year. Big things are happening during this final year and there will be even more changes to come. Though, it might be a little scary leaving school and going out to the real world remember that you will always have the memories made during college, so make the last year even more unforgettable.