Must See Places And Things To Do In Seattle
Travel

A Traveler's Guide To A Weekend In Seattle, Washington

There's more than just coffee (even though all the coffee is great)

99
Christina Bogacz

When I think of Seattle, two things come to mind: Space Needle and Starbucks. While both of these are highlights of the city of Seattle, there are many other great sights to visit.

One inside secret sight that those who live in Seattle, or around the city will tell you is to take the commuter ferry across the Puget Sound to Bainbridge Island. This is about a 35 minute, one-way, ferry ride and less than $10 round trip.

The views during the trip over to Bainbridge Island of the skyline of Seattle are worth the ferry cost itself but also the island is a great place to go for an escape from the city. Upon arrival on Bainbridge Island, it is just a short walk to the center street in downtown with some places to stop by for lunch. There are some shops along the way as well.

Finish up your trip by walking down by the waterfront and enjoying the views of Washington State around you.

Another must visit in Seattle is Pike Place Market. This market has tons of stalls, of all different types, where you can spend hours and even go back to multiple days in a row.

Some must sees at Pike Place Market include watching the fish throwers, adding to the gum wall, and a visit to the first Starbucks. There are also some amazing Russian pastries at Piroshky Piroshky and Homemade Mac and Cheese from the famous Beecher's Cheese.

While you're down by the waterfront of Seattle, take a stop by the aquarium and take a ride on the Seattle Great Wheel.

Even though the first Starbucks in Pike Place Market is always a must-go coffee lovers stop, you must also go to Capital Hill to the Starbucks Reserve Roastery. Here you can watch the coffee you're drinking be roasted and enjoy the newest Starbucks store.

Of course you can't go to Seattle without going to the Space Needle and seeing the views from the top. The one thing missing from all those pictures though is the Space Needle, so for city views with the Space Needle, go to the Columbia Center to enjoy 360 degree views from the tallest building in Seattle.