Saying Goodbye To Summer

Saying Goodbye To Summer

Seeing summer end is bittersweet, but there is always hope for more happy memories in the future.

49
https://unsplash.com/photos/zdSoe8za6Hs
Unsplash

Summer.

It's arguably one of the best seasons of the year. If you live in a place where you have seasons, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Everyone seems to look forward to summer. The weather is warmer so you can be outside more; a lot of people have parties or family reunions; eating more ice cream is acceptable because as soon as you go outside your hot. It's just all around a fun time. However, since summer is so fun, that makes saying goodbye to it that much harder.

No matter whether you're in school or working, watching summer end is kind of sad. There's just something so fun and freeing about summer time that you don't feel during the other seasons, making it hard to watch it go.

Ever since I was old enough to go to school, realizing summer was ending was so hard for me and it still is. When I was younger, in middle and high school, I didn't like when summer ended, but I was also looking forward to seeing my friends again.

Summer and school were a lot simpler then. I would enjoy my summer with friends and family then go back to school to learn and see my friends everyday, it was really nice.

However, as I grew older summer changed. Summer turned into working or interning, still trying to do things with friends and family, and trying to get somewhat tan. Basically, summer is still fun as you get older but you're just a lot busier and often are trying to squeeze a lot of activities in a few short months.

With all of that being said, there is one aspect of summer ending that I find to be the hardest: saying goodbye. For everyone who's in college, thinking about going or just remembering saying goodbye to people you care about is bittersweet. For me, saying goodbye to my friends and family is one of the hardest parts about summer. It's like you are saying goodbye to that person for a while but also to all of the fun memories you shared with them during the summer.

Just like there are seasons in nature, there are seasons in your life and transitioning from one to the other can be challenging.

So yes, saying goodbye to summer is hard and it honestly sucks but change is inevitable, so you may as well embrace it. Embrace all of the happy memories you made with friends and family over the summer and look to forward to the ones to come. You can only move forward in life so it's important to be able to come to terms with change and embrace it with open arms, because the seasons in nature and in your life will change whether you want them to or not.