Saints To Help You Through This Semester

7 Saints To Help Get You Through The Semester

You never have to go through anything alone. You've got a whole team on your side that's praying for you.

842
Wikimedia

With the semester starting up again, everyone could use a little help. Who do I call on? People that have been through what I'm going through.

I can talk to them any time of day and always have my back. They've got yours, too. Here are seven saints to help you through the semester.

1. St. Anthony of Padua

The patron saint of lost items has gotten me through so much. Being a busy college student, I am constantly losing papers, important study guides, and even my student ID. He's always helping me out.

Anthony, glorious servant of God, famous for your merits and powerful miracles, help us to find what was lost. Give us your help in times of temptation; and enlighten our minds in searching the will of God. Help us to find again the life of grace, which our sin destroyed, and lead us to the possession of the glory promised us by the Savior. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

2. St. Joseph of Cupertino

The patron saint of studying always has your back for exams. Growing up, he was viewed as unintelligent and had a lot of difficulty in finishing school and keeping jobs. With patience and hard work, he went on to pass his seminary exams.

O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who, while on Earth, did obtain from God the grace to be asked at your examination only the questions you knew, obtain for me a like favour in the examinations for which I am now preparing. In return, I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked.
Through Christ our Lord.
St. Joseph of Cupertino, Pray for us.
Amen.

3. St. Monica

The patron saint of patience is great to have on your side during group projects, waiting for exam grades to come back, and to see if you got into the class you need in order to graduate.

God, teach us what it means to have faith in silence. When we face trials that are beyond our understanding, help us to find peace. Help me be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer. You set all things in accordance to your time. Remind us to wait patiently, and find peace in your plan. Amen.

4. St. Isidore of Seville

He is the patron saint of Internet users and technology, for when the WiFi goes down while you're working on a last minute assignment. St. Isidore was extremely educated and forward thinking. He is even considered to be the most educated man of his time. It was his enlightenment that helped end the Dark Ages.

Almighty and eternal God who has created us in thine image and bade us to seek after all that is good, true and beautiful, especially in the divine person of Thy only-begotten Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, grant we beseech Thee that through the intercession of Saint Isidore, bishop and doctor, during our journeys through the internet we will direct our hands and eyes only to that which is pleasing to Thee and treat with charity and patience all those souls whom we encounter. Father, we ask you this, through Christ our Lord. Amen

5. St. Thomas Aquinas

This patron saint of scholars is named so for a really great reason: he not only was a Doctor of the Church, but instructed others on Catholicism.

Come, Holy Spirit, Divine Creator, true source of light and fountain of wisdom! Pour forth your brilliance upon my dense intellect, dissipate the darkness which covers me, that of sin and of ignorance. Grant me a penetrating mind to understand, a retentive memory, method and ease in learning, the lucidity to comprehend, and abundant grace in expressing myself. Guide the beginning of my work, direct its progress, and bring it to successful completion. This I ask through Jesus Christ, true God and true man, living and reigning with You and the Father, forever and ever. Amen.

6. St. Jude

The patron saint of lost causes and Apostle, for when your semester-long research project is not turning out to be what you intended, or when you aren't sure that you've picked the right major. Lots of college students feel uncertain and can feel that their path toward their future may not be right. Asking for St. Jude's intercession may help steer you in the right path.

Most holy Apostle, Saint Jude Thaddeus, friend of Jesus, I place myself in your care at this difficult time. Help me know that I need not face my troubles alone. Please join me in my need, asking God to send me: consolation in my sorrow, courage in my fear, and healing in the midst of my suffering. Ask our loving Lord to fill me with the grace to accept whatever may lie ahead for me and my loved ones, and to strengthen my faith in God's healing powers. Thank you, Saint Jude Thaddeus, for the promise of hope you hold out to all who believe and inspire me to give this gift of hope to others as it has been given to me. Amen.

7. St. Joseph

St. Joseph is always a wonderful example of faithfulness, hard work, and compassion, to look to. He stood by Mary's side through it all and helped raise Christ. He is the patron saint of the Universal Church and workers.

Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God. I place in you all my interests and desires. Oh, St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. So that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers. Amen.

St. Anthony, St. Joseph of Cupertino, St. Monica, St. Isidore of Seville, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Jude, and St. Joseph, pray for us this semester!