I'm Not Ashamed To Wear Makeup, But My Morning Routine Is None Of Your Business

Unless you're looking to hire me as a makeup artist, my routine has no benefit for you.

313
Unsplash

Here's a fact: I wear makeup.

Some people hate makeup and roll out of bed ready to start the day. Unlike those people, I wake up early and take my time getting ready. I play my music or watch my shows, and do my makeup.

The thing is I don't question those that don't wear makeup. I don't ponder on what they would look like with makeup or how much they care about their appearance.

Instead, I go about my day minding my own business and letting others appear how they want to appear without any question.

So, when I notice a stranger staring at me in public who then proceeds to ask me, without even a simple hello, "How long does it take you to get ready?" I'm a little annoyed.

You don't know me, you're not complimenting me, and frankly, that doesn't concern you.

Here's the thing: I love getting questions about makeup. When someone asks me what products I use or what lip color I'm wearing, I take it as a form of flattery. I'll even rummage through my bag to find the lipstick and tell them where they can get it.

But asking me a question about the length of time it takes me to get ready is just rude.

I don't question how much time you spend in the morning and you're clearly not asking it for advice or to be friendly.

The question does nothing for either of us. It's not complimenting me and it's not helping you.

So please, before you ask something so blunt, don't. What I do to get ready is none of your business.

And unless you're looking to hire me as a makeup artist, my routine has no benefit for you.