My Review Of Rock Run

My Review Of Rock Run

Try visiting this outdoor spot in Central Pennsylvania!

33
My Review Of Rock Run
Madelyn Adams

After several months of home workouts and boring routines, remaining within the same town has felt tiring. As a quick day trip, my best friend wanted to explore new areas close to home. We stumbled upon Rock Run, a beautiful area hidden within nature. Even though we only spent a few hours at this new location, I recommend you visit the area if you are in need of a short trip too.

Rock Run offers several breathtaking views throughout the trip. Centered around a seemingly endless stream, the sparkling water creates a relaxing environment. Several hiking trails surround the river, and each trail leads to a different section of the water. The greenery acts as a shady canopy, helping maintain the temperature. Additionally, multiple waterfalls add to the scenery; I recommend running through them for more fun!

Technology played a significant role during the months of quarantine. Taking a break from the influx of breaking news and social media notifications is important in maintaining stable mental health. Rock Run—an area that lacks cell phone service entirely—provides a beautiful space to step away from technology and breathe fresh air. Personally, I greatly enjoyed this aspect of the trip; I left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

There are three main trails: Upper Trail, Middle Trail, and Lower Trail. However, you can create your own path at any point along the road. My friend and I chose to follow the Upper Trail, which leads directly to the swimming hole. Here, my friend and I dove into the water and spent hours swimming in the cool water. The cold sensation quickly disappeared, allowing for an enjoyable time.

Finally, Rock Run is a relatively quiet area where you can forget about the world, even just for a few minutes. In a time when my mind spins with countless questions, I used the time at Rock Run to leave my worries behind. Upon returning home, I felt just a bit more free, ready to take on what the world has to offer me.