6 Reasons Hallmark Movies Are My Christmas Go-To

These things are a whole NEW level of Christmas movie.

37
Instagram: @hallmark

Hallmark movies have always been a staple in my house around Christmas time. They make you feel good, bond with your family and friends, and imagine unrealistic fantasies of romantic Christmas moments. They never fail to tug at your heartstrings, and if you're anything like me, you'll be able to appreciate that feeling is during a holiday season that is already surrounded by so much love. I firmly believe that Hallmark movies, no matter how cheesy, are always the best thing to watch around Christmas, and here's six reasons why I think everyone should feel the same.

1. They allow you to live out your romantic fantasies

Realistically, most of the dreamy moments you've hoped you and your S.O. would have around the holidays are just not going to happen. Whether your S.O. tends to be more goofy than romantic, isn't super into PDA, or simply doesn't exist (shoutout to all of my single ladies!), romantic moments never seem to play out in real life like they do in the movies. Hallmark movies might not give you your dream moment, but you can imagine what it would be like to have that perfect kiss under the mistletoe or dreamy proposal under the Christmas tree.

2. They're a great bonding activity

Whether you and your mom need a break after a long day of wrapping gifts or you and your girlfriends need something to do on a rainy day, Hallmark movies are the perfect time to get some girl time in and stay in the holiday spirit. You can even heat up a glass of warm hot cocoa and curl up in some fuzzy pajamas to get the FULL Christmas feeling. Nothing says girl time like bonding over unrealistic romance stories!

3. They're ALWAYS on

I bet that if you flipped to the Hallmark channel RIGHT now, you'll be able to find a beautifully cheesy movie. And if for some reason it isn't on there, Hallmark has given their cheesy movies to Netflix and they're on demand as well. It is literally an infinite stream of movies that you can watch any time. So grab that remote and prepare to be romanced!

4. They all have a happy ending

No matter what is going on in your own life, you can always count on a Hallmark movie to have a happy ending and give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside. No part of the story is ever left unfinished, and the two characters that are meant to be together always end up together. It might not replace whatever is going on in your life, but it will certainly give you hope that a better future lies ahead.

5. You can drop hints to your S.O.

Now this one is a tough one because you have to actually GET him to agree to watch the movie in the first place (trust me, it's a tricky task). However, if you can actually convince him to watch the movie and he gets caught up in it, he might get some ideas of cute things he can do around the holidays that will make your heart flutter! Don't be upset if this one doesn't work out though, I don't think I've ever seen a guy successfully get through a Hallmark movie without falling asleep or leaving halfway through.

6. They're a Christmas tradition

I've been watching Hallmark Christmas movies every year with my mom for as long as I can remember, and now I put them on without thinking during the holiday season. They always incorporate the Christmas spirit in a way that makes you want to go put up some tinsel or make a gingerbread house, and I love having them on while my family and I prepare for Christmas together.