A Review Of "Zoolander No. 2"

A Review Of "Zoolander No. 2"

No spoilers!

1
A Review Of "Zoolander No. 2"

"Zoolander 2" has been a movie that people have been waiting for, for 15 years. The first movie set a precedent that I as well as many other fans were hoping would be met in this new sequel. For Valentine’s Day, my boyfriend took me to a nice dinner and then to the movie theater to see the new movie "Zoolander 2." We both had been waiting for this movie for several months, were super excited to see it, and even bought our tickets a week in advanced to make sure we would get the best pick of the seats. When the day arrived, we bought popcorn and a Coke-slushy and found our reserved seats reclining them to the perfect position.

Fast-forward an hour and 42 minutes and the movie was finished and the credits were rolling. My boyfriend and I left the movie initially excited about the movie that we had just seen, but as we kept talking our opinions about "2lander" started to change. We realized that the acting in the movie was absolutely horrendous. That may be a little dramatic, but honestly the acting was not good. Some people may say “duh… it’s a supposed to be a stupid comedy,” but this type of movie can have the hilarious dumb comments along with good, quality acting. Another major issue that my boyfriend and I discussed was the strangeness and somewhat lack of plot. It definitely had a storyline, but when compared to the first one, there is a lot less going on, and when the bad acting and strange plot points are added together it just doesn’t seem to work that well.

It may seem that I all together did not like this movie and would not recommend it to people, but that is not the case. Although it did not live up to our expectations, my boyfriend and I did still thoroughly enjoy the experience. Don't get me wrong, I would say I liked the movie, and that there were some pretty funny scenes.We just both expected more, seeing as this movie has been 15 years in the making. I am not going to lie, after the movie we decided to go watch the first one again and drink mojitos. Watching them back to back definitely shows the major difference between the qualities of the movies. However, the second movie did do a great job connecting moments mentioned in the first movie with events that occur in the sequel. The strangeness of this second movie brought us back to the original and reconfirmed our love for the dear Derek Zoolander.

I think people should see this movie and develop their own opinions, but maybe you will understand where I am coming from true fan to true fan that the first movie will never be beat in all its glory. Nice try "2lander," but I guess my expectations might have been a little too high.

But of course, don't worry, Blue Steel and Magnum are not left behind.