A Response to Buzzfeed's "Which Fictional Characters Ruined Your Romantic Expectations"

False Expectations Since 1997

202
Bestproducts.com

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that fictional characters have completely and utterly ruined all and every romantic expectation I may have and will continue to do so. Books, TV shows and movies have set bar so high up that I can’t even see it anymore.

Buzzfeed recently posted an article question that asked "Which Fictional Characters Ruined Your Romantic Expectations". The Buzzfeed question really got me thinking about which fictional characters had actually tarnished all and any expectations concerning my love life.

Here they are:

Jim Halpert and Pam Beasly

Jim Halpert is the definition of the perfect friend, boyfriend, and husband. He makes you believe that the love of your life as always been there and that one day you’ll get together. Jim had us in the palm of his hand from the first episode to the last.

Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth

Mr. Darcy is possibly the original jerk who secretly likes you but doesn’t know how to show it. This pairing made me believe that every love/hate relationship I could have with a guy would ultimately lead to true love.

Cher and Josh from Clueless

What I loved about these two was that they both thought they were so different from each other and superior to the other. Yet, at the end of the day they happen to be perfect for each other.

5. Chuck and Blair

They’re rich. They’re mean. They’re hot. They both are go getters who will stop at nothing to achieve what they want. However, when it comes to love they’re both a mess.

The Vampire Dairies

The famous love triangle. We hate that we love them so much. What are the odds that you not only fallen in love with two guys and they just so happen to be brothers. Not only that but they both are willing to die for you?

Meredith and Derek

Pick me. Choose me. Love me. From the moment those words left Meredith Grey's mouth it was over. Their sticky note vows? The tumor on the wall? Do I have to say more?

The Notebook

If you're a bird. I'm a bird. I mean come on. You know that this one had to make the list. Nicholas Sparks has been setting false and high expectations for years now and we're okay with it.