A Reminder To The One Who Believes That They Will Never Find "The One"

We have not yet found "the one" because God has not yet placed that person into our lives.

36
www.google.com

Being in a relationship can be this wonderful and magical thing. There is nothing more beautiful than when two people are together and just simply love being in each others presence. However, in my current stage of life, it is not yet my time to be in a relationship with my future husband (whomever that may be), and I am perfectly okay with that.

It's not that I am okay with this because "living the single life is so much better". No. I am okay with this because God has not yet placed this person in my life. You see, throughout scripture, God tells us that we must not self-fulfill. He also tells us that He will provide our significant other for us and that we must have patience in Him.

1 Corinthians 13: 4-5 states "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, It is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs." This is a very common Bible verse but the phrase that people often disregard within this passage is not self-seeking. God doesn't want us to go off and pick out a significant other for ourselves alone. He doesn't want us to do this because often more times than not, that person is not the person whom God had in mind for us. God has created each and every one of us and when He created us, He also created a schema in His head for who our significant other will be and when that person will come into our lives. God wants us to use Him as our map to guide us directly to this person for whom He has provided us with.

Gensesis 2:8 says "Then the Lord God said it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." This Bible verse is of utter importance. It proves that God will provide each and every one of us with a companion that is perfectly compatible for our needs. When God saw that Adam was alone and he only had the birds and the animals to accompany him, He knew that that was not enough for Adam's needs. So, from Adam's rib He created Eve and he stated "And it is good". And it is good that God has created us with a companion fit for our needs as well, but we must have patience.

Philippians 1:6 exclaims "Have patience, God isn't finished yet." It's as plain and simple as that. Our significant other isn't in our lives right now because they still need time to develop.That may be spiritually, emotionally, physically or mentally, but God is there helping them along those paths. We may have a hard time wrapping our minds around this but think about it. Our significant other needs time to develop just like we do. Then, when the time comes and we are both fully fully equipped to satisfy each others needs, we will fit together like a puzzle. With each and every groove and corner, we merge together to become one. All we need to have in order to obtain this is patience in God because He is working on our future relationships right now whether we realize it or not.

I know it may be hard to see everyone else be in a relationship and you be the single one out, but having this time to reflect on yourself and turn to God throughout this time is just what God wants. Not only this, but He wants us to have faith and patience in Him that He will provide us with our significant other. God wants us to realize that it is not yet our time to be with that person and that is perfectly okay. I have recently come to the realization of this and I soon hope that you will too.