A Reminder To Future Me
Health Wellness

A Reminder To Future Me

Some things to remember as time goes on

811
A Reminder To Future Me
Madison Krasnopero

You know who you are. You are a compassionate person who would do anything and everything to make others happy. You go out of your way to make sure the people you care about in your life are are feeling as good as they can at all times, and that is great and all, but what about you. What about your happiness?

It seems most every relationship in your life is one sided. The people you love most always tend to receive infinitely more than they give back. They rarely ask how you are, they just assume you want to hear about their problems instead. You buy them their favorite candy because you know they've been feeling sad recently, you do some of their work because you know they're stressed out and it would make them happy, you tell them all the time how much you love and appreciate them, but over time you've realized that while you've done all of these things for others, no one has really done them for you.

You start to panic. You wonder if they are just selfish and have started expecting this of you for nothing in return. You convince yourself they're mad at you or they have secretly hated you this entire time and you're just dumb enough to have convinced yourself otherwise. You've filled your head up with all of these negative thoughts surrounding the subject and next thing you know you have become reserved towards them, quiet, as to not overstep your bounds. Now just remember this, you're wrong.

You need to remember that people live and operate different than you do, and that is okay. You need to remember that while everyone else is your top priority you might not be theirs, and that is okay. This does not mean that the secretly hate you or don't care about you, it just means they show it in different ways than you do, and that is okay.

Please always keep in mind that you are loved. The people in your life do appreciate you, even if they don't show it in the way that you may think. You are important and you do matter, so stop trying to convince yourself otherwise. Making others happy makes you happy. You're not looking for validation or applause whenever you decide to do something nice for someone, you do it because you love the people in your life and in the end, that is what really matters.