5 Things To Remember When Heading Off To College That Aren't School Supplies

While getting on back on campus and moving into a new place is so exciting, don't forget what is important to you at home.

30

The last the few days of August are approaching us which means its time for back to school everything. You're packing, buying necessary items for your dorm or your new apartment and saying goodbye to all your loved ones at home. While getting on back on campus is so exciting and fun because of all the shopping and planning, don't forget everything that is still at home. While it's important to remember shampoo, bins for organizing, and your school supplies, there are some important things to remember that are bigger picture things once you get to school. As you're driving back to campus don't forget these things once you get back to campus and become absorbed by the excitement and buzz of being back.

1. Call your mom and dad

It's important to keep in touch with your parents because they miss you a lot once you leave for school again. They got 3+ months of seeing you every day while you were home so it's important to check up on them and show them you love them and are thinking about them.

2. Keep in touch with your home best friends

Your home best friends have to go back to school as well, so you sadly won't be able to see each other every day. It's so easy to keep in touch through Snachat, Instagram, and more. Even though you won't be able to hang all the time as you did in the summer, sending them a funny Tweet will let them know you're thinking about them and will help to keep your friendship strong no matter the miles in between all of you.

3. Make time for yourself to relax

Living with your best friends and having all your friends live in walking distance it's so easy to say 'yes' to every outing and get together. When you're at home it's easy to find time to watch Netflix or read a book, but with your friends so close all the time its easy to pass on your time to relax. It's important to have that time for yourself to unwind and get such much-needed downtime after a busy week. Don't feel bad passing on a night out if you really need to binge-watch your favorite Netflix show, there will always be a next time.

4. Call your grandparents

I know how excited my grandparents get when I answer their call or call them, so don't forget to call your grandparents, or any relatives while at school. They don't get to see you all the time at home either, so calling them to tell them how school is or asking them how they are will make their day and makes yours as well because I think grandparents always know how to make you smile. It's important to still keep in touch with the people you don't see as often, to show them they do care to you.

5. Thank anyone who made your summer memorable or meaningful

A great way to wrap up your summer experiences is to thank anyone who took part in making your summer so great. Whether it's to your family, friends, or boss at work, it's nice to show them how much them impacted your summer in a good way and it shows that you're still thankful miles away at school.

Moving back to campus and starting a new school year is busy and exciting, but in the midst of that, don't forget your loved ones and the ways of your life at home.