I Refuse To Use Dating Apps . . . Again

I Refuse To Use Dating Apps . . . Again

I tried it once, and it royally creeped me out. Here's why.

38
I Refuse To Use Dating Apps . . . Again
Pic2Fly

I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve tried my hand at dating apps. There are literally so many sites and apps I’ve never even heard of before. Seriously, google it. But it didn’t take long for me to delete these accounts for a few different reasons. In theory, online dating seems like it would make the dating game that much easier. It’s like watching previews at the movie theater. Instead of movies, you’re previewing another person.

My biggest beef with this is that it’s so much easier to lie online. When you’re with someone in person, you can pick up on their tone of voice and body language, and unless this person is a REALLY good con artist, it won’t take long for you to pick up on their lies. It’s harder to do that when you talk online. In person, it’s easier to pick up on red flags.

Because dating sites and apps steps up the dating game, they bring a new set of rules to the table. It seems like things that are not socially acceptable to do in person are somehow okay when you’re sending a message through an app.

1. Unsolicited Pictures

In reality, most girls would get extremely turned off if a guy just came up to them out of the blue and showed a picture of their goods on their phones. So, why is it okay to do this online? Guys, if we want to see more of you, we’ll let you know. Until then, please keep your pants on.

2. Messages From Married Men

Unfaithful spouses are not limited to Ashley Madison. Although for some reason, women have admitted to willingly starting something with a married man, it’s pretty common for women to be turned off by the idea of dating one. Believe it or not, most of us are not “home wreckers.”

3. The Occasional Creeper

Similar to reality, there are some profiles you come across that just creep you out. It could be the profile picture, it could be the content of his/her profile (or lack, thereof), or it could be the odd message you received from this person. Whatever the reason, trust your gut.If you get a weird vibe from someone, don’t message him back. Vibes don’t lie!

4. The "Single Dad"

There are the type of people who pretend to be something they aren’t. Often times, I’ve encountered guys who portray themselves as a “single dad” but they really aren’t. They’re no different than the guys who will tell you they’re separated or divorced, but they aren’t, or the ones who lie about where they’re from to get you to meet with them in person. This is a slightly subtle way of creeping women out.

5. Cheesy Pick Up Lines

Pick up lines are okay for a good laugh, but if you’re trying to ask a woman out, these probably aren’t the best way to go. They’re like the obnoxious class clown in Jr. High who doesn’t realize that everyone is laughing at the food sticking out of his teeth and not his “jokes.” A for effort, though!

6. The Obsessor

I’ve also encountered a guy or two who are too overbearing, and come on way too strong. If you aren’t interested and say so, and cease to respond to any further messages, this guy will keep blowing up your profile like no tomorrow. Guys, take a hint. It’s one thing to send a message or two in case your previous message gets overlooked, but there’s a point where you need to stop. Believe it or not, sometimes we just aren’t interested.

While I’m sure there exists the occasional success story, and I don’t think this list accounts for everyone in the universe using dating sites, I can vouch that there are plenty of reasons why dating sites and apps creep me out. I guess I just prefer the route of old school dating. No more dating apps for this girl!