Reese Witherspoon Hints About 'Legally Blonde 3'

"It's called the Bend and Snap."
30

What better way to catch up with Elle Woods and her political ventures than with a third installment of "Legally Blonde?" It has been 12 years since the second installment of the series, "Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde" where Elle headed to Washington D.C. If Reese Witherspoon has anything to do with it, we might just have the opportunity to witness Supreme Court Justice Woods or even President Woods in the near future.

Witherspoon appeared on Lifetime's "Fashionably Late" with Rachel Zoe where she discussed the return of Elle Woods and her thoughts about a possible trilogy. She said that although it's ultimately not her call, she would love to see everyone's favorite blonde reappear in a more prominent role.

"I think it's great right now because we're talking about women in politics and how important that is to get more women," Witherspoon said. "I think it'd be a cool thing to have her be a Supreme Court justice or someone who runs for office."

I think we can all agree that Elle has been dormant since the second sequel in 2003 and the Broadway musical debuted in 2007. We the people are ready to see Elle in action after all this time.

“I think we’re ready to see Elle and see what she’s up to lately,” Witherspoon said.

Watch Reese Witherspoon below as she discusses the possibility of "Legally Blonde 3."