I Love Reconnecting With Old Friends During The Holidays

Coming home for the holidays isn't about just laying around doing nothing, reach out to your original homies!

112
Delaney Moreno on Facebook

Meeting lots of people throughout college has been one of my favorite parts of being away from home, but during the holidays, I love getting together with my first friends I've ever made from back home, even the ones who I haven't seen in years.

This past week, I was able to reconnect with a very old friend of mine from Freshman year of high school and it is such a joy to catch up and learn about what someone with a totally different life than you is doing. My friend Helen and I visited together and she even took me to ride "Limes" (fast scooters) for the first time through Bishop Arts.

What was so neat and eye opening to me about catching up with Helen is that even though we haven't seen each other in person for years, I knew so much about her already from the power of social media. We have been seeing each other thrive through the lovely instagram, Facebook, and we even have a snapchat streak together, where we vaguely chat on every single day!

My point is that social media is so evident in our lives that we sometimes forget how memorable it is to see those people that we never see in person and how nice it is to actually hang out with them, even if its a short get together.

I had so much fun with Helen and getting to talk with her in person was even more special to me. Reconnecting with old friends is also about the ones who are willing to see you. If they are, then it definitely weeds out fake friends who aren't willing to meet you somewhere/wanting to hang out with you.

Luckily in my case, I have many friends who I get to see and catch up with over the holidays since we all go to different schools. It is my favorite time of year because it brings us all together and getting to see those around me grow up/develop into the person they are meant to be is one of the most thrilling things.

How do you guys feel about seeing old friends you haven't seen in awhile? Do you even care? Have you made different friends that make you NOT miss the older ones? I'm curious because everyone is different. I have friends from other schools who don't talk to their friends from High school at all anymore but I also have friends who ONLY talk to their friends from High school. So comment below, no matter how old you are stating who you still talk to/reconnect with! Happy Holidays and stay warm!