Couponing In College Is Cool And Saves You Money

I am a 20-year-old college student and I like to coupon.

122
Woman Shopping

College students everywhere always complain about how they have absolutely no money. I am one of those students but I have hopefully found a solution that can save college students money. Use coupons because you don't even have to scour through newspapers and clip them anymore.

Recently, I came across an app called Flipp that combines coupons from multiple stores into one place. You can select coupons for items you need, make a shopping list, and look at deals at different stores so you can get the best prices. Of course, while this app makes things simple there is a lot more to couponing than just using an app.

First, you need to take an inventory of what you need to buy and why. Unless you are treating yourself, you shouldn't just buy something for no real rhyme or reason. Grocery shopping is especially easier when you have a list and you know what kind of money you will be spending. This trick also prevents you from wasting food and money.

After you've got your list together, use the app or the old fashion way to find deals at your local stores. Kroger might sell the same item at Walmart but for a lot less and vice versa.

Getting good deals should be your new mission.

The most important part is staying organized because if you can't remember what store or item you had a coupon for or where you planned on getting an item from you could be giving away money. Keep a folder or a list around that you can easily read and interpret.

Any money you can save will make a huge difference in your bank account.

Saving money can be hard for everyone, especially when you are in control of your money and shopping instead of your parents. Couponing has allowed me to save money and be more financially responsible and I hope it can do the same for other struggling college students.