8 reasons to drive somewhere this summer

8 Reasons You Should Road Trip This Summer

Sometimes the journey is more fun than the vacation.

214
Kaylee Clever

Road trips can be an unforgettable trip, no matter who you make it with. Whether it be your friends or your family, sometimes it's the journey that's more fun than the trip itself. I recently went on two road trips this summer, one with my family to Florida and one with my friends to northern Wisconsin. I had a great time both trips, and I think that road trips create lifelong memories.

1. You listen to awesome music

And, if you're in the passenger seat, you get to be the DJ. Everybody loves a good DJ, no pressure.

2. You can be spontaneous!

See a passing sign of somewhere that you want to go? Go ahead, stop there. You deserve it

3. You make lifelong memories

As long as you're with the right company, you'll laugh and remember these times. You'll look back and say, "remember when we drove across the country when I was twenty-one?"

4. The views

You'll see some unbelievable views while driving throughout different states. It's amazing to see different sights than what you're used too

5. Bonding time with your company

Whether it be singing along together, or taking pictures, sharing the experience of traveling together is cool. Not to mention, hey, you'll be in a car together for X amount of hours... you're bound to become closer with whoever you're with.

6. Seeing different cities

Personally, I think it's cool to see different signs for different cities that I'm normally used to seeing. It makes me feel happy knowing i'm somewhere other than home for a while

7. You're young!

You've got your entire life ahead of you. Right now you have no kids, and probably limited bills. You don't have a big kid job yet, so get out there and see the world, or in this case, the country.

8. It's cheaper than airfare

A few tanks of gas is a LOT cheaper than a few airline tickets, and especially if you're splitting the cost of gas between everyone in the car. Filling up a tank is cheaper than filling up an airplane.

Get out there this summer. Don't let the summer go to waste! Grab your best friends, pack up the car, and shut up and drive.