Reasons Why You Shouldn't Buy A Dory

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Buy A Dory

In all the hype lets keep some things clear

75
Reasons Why You Shouldn't Buy A Dory

So it's here, the long awaited sequel that will have most people under the age of 30 running to the movies.

Finding. Dory.

And you know where alot of people go straight afterwards?

To find their own Dory.

Yes their very own lovable Dory to have and to hold and to look cute in their home until uh-oh! It dies because the excitement wore out and people stopped caring.
It's not uncommon. In 2003, sales of clown fish boomed as everyone wanted a Nemo. But clown fish can be breed in tanks and are one of the easiest saltwater fish to be kept in an aquarium. But yet, things are rarely that simple

Salt water aquariums are notoriously difficult for first time fish owners to take care off. They require periodical and strict maintenance so the life in the tank stays healthy. The water must stay at a certain balance with the chemicals and minerals within and teh fish must have an appropriate feeding schedule.

Blue tangs are even less simple.

Blue tangs, a kind of surgeon fish, only breed in the wild. That means every blue tang sold was captured from it's home to be sold, almost like in the first movie huh?

And don't be mislead, Blue Tangs are not the gentle friendly "squishy lovers" that we expect. Blue tangs get along with communities, but yet not with other surgeon fish as they're very possessive over their territories.

We haven't even began to talk about expenses. These are some of the larger fish that are on teh market, as they reach to about 12 inches, so the smallest tank for these fish to live in comfortably would be a 200 gallon tank, which is easily $3,000. Not even mentioning the equipment, food, accessories, or the actual fish.

In 2003, Disney released this statement. Let's remember it now.

"Owning a pet fish is a major responsibility that requires daily care and constant attention. The film 'Finding Nemo' does not endorse purchasing fish as pets. Those who decide to have a home aquarium should be prepared for the responsibility that comes with it."