#RealTalk From Bernie Sanders

#RealTalk From Bernie Sanders

Why Senator Bernie Sanders is quickly becoming a progressive icon.

13
#RealTalk From Bernie Sanders
The Huffington Post

Like many of my fellow Democrats, I am "Feeling the Bern." After Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) entered the race and I heard his honest opinions on a wide range of issues, I have followed his campaign and been a strong supporter of his ideals. His theories are innovative and his policy views highlight my values, as well as the core of what being a Democrat really means. What Senator Sanders offers us, most of all, is some #realtalk. He speaks the truth at all times, no matter what the popular opinion is, or what people may say about him. This is very commendable as a political candidate. Here are a few examples of times when Senator Sanders has spoken up and given us some #realtalk.

1. "Education should be a right, not a privilege. We need a revolution in the way that the United States funds higher education."

2. "A job should lift workers out of poverty, not keep them in it."

3. "Balancing the budget on the backs of the elderly, the sick, the children and the poor is not only immoral, it is bad economic policy. It is something that must be vigorously opposed."

4. "If a financial institution is too big to fail, it is too big to exist."

5. "Social Security is a promise that we cannot and must not break."

6. "A nation will not survive morally or economically when so few have so much and so many have so little."

7. "Please don't tell me that the United States of America, our great country, cannot guarantee health care to all people. Don't tell me that every person in this country should not be able to get all the education that they need regardless of their income."

8."Our goal as a nation is that if somebody works 40 hours a week, that person will not be living in poverty."

9. If you ask me about my views on the environment, on women's rights, on gay rights, I am liberal. I don't have a problem with that at all. Some of my best friends are liberal."

10. "People should not underestimate me."