Things You Ask For During The Holidays That Says You're Old

When You Start Asking For These 7 Gifts, You Have Officially Become 'Old'

Hint: they're the things you dreaded as a kid.

210

My childhood self would be so disappointed in my present taste these days. The past few years I've started realizing that I ask for some of the same things as my mom and aunts, and that my childhood years are dwindling behind me.

1. Socks

What else did you think would be the #1 item on this list? This is the first warning you are quickly aging.

2. Stuff for your pets

Okay we obviously all love our pets more than anything, but recently I've become way more excited when I get stuff for my dog than for myself. I mean she deserves it.

3. Kitchen appliances

The moment you ask your mom for a Brita or some new pans, you know it's real.

4. Cleaning supplies

It's a beautiful thing when you don't have to buy your own swiffer pads or toiletries for a while, cause they do add up.

5. Fuzzy things

Socks, blankets, hoodies. Fuzzy things are all I need.

6. Alcohol 

Again, a big chunk of change saved. And it's fun to see what the fam picks out for you.

7. Food

Not the past candy galore (although that's always appreciated, too). I'm talking a grocery trip, and bundles of caffeinated drinks to hold you post holiday season.