My Reaction To Time Magazine's Uproaring June Cover

NOT MY COUNTRY.

Time Magazine released an issue back in June that sparked news and opinions almost instantly. This cover depicts President Donald Trump looking down at a crying little immigrant girl. Time Magazine's cover ignited conversation all over the media. This controversial Time Magazine has been a trending topic in the media, even now. Many people passionately expressed their strong opinions about the cover.

Some argued that this cover was inaccurately depicted as the little girl was not separated from her family, which was confirmed by many sources.

For those who haven't seen the original picture, here it is:

Immigrant Girl

I agree the child in the picture wasn't separated from her family. However, the content Time Magazine presented and what a portion of the audience describes as "fake news" shouldn't be heavily scrutinized. Instead, we need to focus on the bigger picture—Time's bold, unconventional attempt to use image appropriation, using elements from a picture to create an entirely different image that delivers a powerful message arguing that immigrant family separation is just wrong. Thousands of children are dealing with this traumatizing experience, and it's unfortunate there are people who don't understand how immoral this is. This image intentionally catches the audience's attention because it's the harsh truth, and we need people to understand the demoralization going on. This issue is burdening the United States' progress of fostering an inclusive culture for its citizen and damages other countries' perceptions of the United States.

A Playlist From The iPod Of A Middle Schooler In 2007

I will always love you, Akon.
103208

Something happened today that I never thought in a million years would happen. I opened up a drawer at my parents' house and I found my pink, 4th generation iPod Nano. I had not seen this thing since I graduated from the 8th grade, and the headphones have not left my ears since I pulled it out of that drawer. It's funny to me how music can take you back. You listen to a song and suddenly you're wearing a pair of gauchos, sitting on the bleachers in a gym somewhere, avoiding boys at all cost at your seventh grade dance. So if you were around in 2007 and feel like reminiscing, here is a playlist straight from the iPod of a middle schooler in 2007.

1. "Bad Day" — Daniel Powter

2. "Hips Don't Lie" — Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean

SEE ALSO: 23 Iconic Disney Channel Moments We Will Never Forget

3. "Unwritten" — Natasha Bedingfield

4. "Run It!" — Chris Brown

5. "Girlfriend" — Avril Lavigne

6. "Move Along" — All-American Rejects

7. "Fergalicious" — Fergie

8. "Every Time We Touch" — Cascada

9. "Ms. New Booty" — Bubba Sparxxx

10. "Chain Hang Low" — Jibbs

11. "Smack That" — Akon ft. Eminem

12. "Waiting on the World to Change" — John Mayer

13. "Stupid Girls" — Pink

14. "Irreplaceable" — Beyonce

15. "Umbrella" — Rihanna ft. Jay-Z

16. "Don't Matter" — Akon

17. "Party Like A Rockstar" — Shop Boyz

18. "This Is Why I'm Hot" — Mims

19. "Beautiful Girls" — Sean Kingston

20. "Bartender" — T-Pain

21. "Pop, Lock and Drop It" — Huey

22. "Wait For You" — Elliot Yamin

23. "Lips Of An Angel" — Hinder

24. "Face Down" — Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

25. "Chasing Cars" — Snow Patrol

26. "No One" — Alicia Keys

27. "Cyclone" — Baby Bash ft. T-Pain

28. "Crank That" — Soulja Boy

29. "Kiss Kiss" — Chris Brown

SEE ALSO: 20 Of The Best 2000's Tunes We Still Know Every Word To

30. "Lip Gloss" — Lil' Mama