The Donald Trump and Immigrant Girl Time Magazine Cover

My Reaction To Time Magazine's Uproaring June Cover

NOT MY COUNTRY.

Time Magazine released an issue back in June that sparked news and opinions almost instantly. This cover depicts President Donald Trump looking down at a crying little immigrant girl. Time Magazine's cover ignited conversation all over the media. This controversial Time Magazine has been a trending topic in the media, even now. Many people passionately expressed their strong opinions about the cover.

Some argued that this cover was inaccurately depicted as the little girl was not separated from her family, which was confirmed by many sources.

For those who haven't seen the original picture, here it is:

Immigrant Girl

I agree the child in the picture wasn't separated from her family. However, the content Time Magazine presented and what a portion of the audience describes as "fake news" shouldn't be heavily scrutinized. Instead, we need to focus on the bigger picture—Time's bold, unconventional attempt to use image appropriation, using elements from a picture to create an entirely different image that delivers a powerful message arguing that immigrant family separation is just wrong. Thousands of children are dealing with this traumatizing experience, and it's unfortunate there are people who don't understand how immoral this is. This image intentionally catches the audience's attention because it's the harsh truth, and we need people to understand the demoralization going on. This issue is burdening the United States' progress of fostering an inclusive culture for its citizen and damages other countries' perceptions of the United States.

9 Reasons You're Still In Love With Tim Riggins In 2019

Clear eyes. Full hearts.
6881

If you're a Friday Night Lights fan, you know very well who Tim Riggins is. And if you've never seen the show, he's basically just the bad boy football star and sensitive hottie of your dreams, all wrapped into one heart-throbbing package. If you haven't already fallen under the Tim Riggins spell, you're about to...

1. He's the star running back of the Dillon Panthers.

Basically every girl who has walked this earth has fantasized about having that cliche football relationship. No shame. #33 on the field, #1 in my heart.

2. He's actually really sensitive.

Tim Riggins may seem hard and dysfunctional on the outside, but he's really just a big softie. He's no JD McCoy, who grew up lavishly and extremely fortunate; Tim had a rough upbringing. He and his brother, Billy, had to work hard all by themselves just to stay above water, which is most likely what keeps him so grounded and humbled.

3. He loves kids.

Tim didn't even think twice about taking his neighbor under his wing when he moved in next door. And for some reason, there's just somethin' about cute boys holding babies that makes us girls swoon.

4. He's genuine and honest.

Sure, maybe he took advantage of his football-star status and slept with most of the rally girls, but once he fell in love with Lyla we saw his compassionate side. (You probably envied Lyla and maybe even hated her for a while because of it...I know I did.)

5. He knows how to have a good time.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

6. He's a family man.

Tim took the blame for his brother's crime and went to prison for it...if that's not loyalty then I don't know what is.

7. He's affectionate.

If you either hate Lyla or you want to be Lyla or a combination of the both, you are not alone.

8. He's protective.

Probably the only time you've ever wanted to be in a tornado was when you watched the episode where he shielded Julie from flying debris.

9. He's beautiful.

You're welcome for blessing you with this GIF.

May you all find your own Tim Riggins. Amen.