An Exclusive Interview With A 17-Year-Old Author, Raquel Becton

Raquel Becton Shares how she became an author at age 17.

34
Raquel Becton

Raquel Becton a 21-year-old college student has become Mississippi's best-selling author. Becton is from a small city in the state called Coldwater. Becton started writing at a very young age. In her short 21 years, she has already published two books. Her books When Trouble Calls and Love Come Back to Me Again are great works worth reading. Becton accomplished publishing her first book at the age of 17. Many may wonder, how did she do it? Becton has shared these great details with me in an exclusive one on one interview.

Q: How old were you when you first started writing?

"I was nine when I first starting writing. It became a true passion of mine."

Q: How did you come up with the concept of Love Come Back to Me Again?

"The concept of Love Come Back to Me Again originated from a love we want to come back. I feel that everyone has someone they wish would come back to them. I wanted the title to stand out. Whether it be someone who has died or someone you feel you have done wrong. We all have a love we wish would come back whether it's a loved one or romantic interest."

Q: How long did it take you to write your second book?

"It took me about a year and a half to write my second book. My favorite part is developing the characters. I am a mystery thriller type of person, so of course, there is a twist. I really want the readers to have to think about what's going on with the characters."

Q: What things of your daily life influence your writing?

"I try to inspire others. There is a message for everyone in life. Who knows... some people may learn from my material."

Q: How does it feel to have accomplished writing a book at a young age?

"It feels so joyful to be able to write and publish at such a young age. I am thankful that God guided me towards my talent when he did."

Becton's When Trouble Calls is a thriller about a young girl who tries to figure out a crime in her neighborhood. Becton states she came up with the title after she finished the book. "Katie Adams, who is the main character goes looking for trouble but when it answers she does not want to answer to it", says Becton. Becton's recent book is titled Love Come Back to Me Again.

The book will take readers on an emotional roller coaster as they dig deeper into the main character Ciarra's life. Love Come Back To Me Again is a book that touches hearts and makes us want to appreciate the people who are there for us. Becton always has a way of pulling the strings of the reader's heart whether it is a thriller or romantic book, she has the ability to make the reader feel. Becton's books can be purchased on Amazon and she will be personally selling them. Becton is a very passionate writer telling powerful stories. Watch out for her next book, it's guaranteed to be a good read.