The Definitive Chocolate Ranking

I promised, didn't I? Being alone on Valentine's Day, you know what that means... More chocolate for me! But what's the best kind? Well... Really, if I'm being honest, it can vary within region and personal taste, BUT... I'd consider myself an authority since I happen to eat a lot of it.

(Please note, this my opinion of a small selection. Also, we're discussing cool, solid chocolate here. If you're feeling more like hot chocolate, click here, I've got a separate list.)

Fancy Chocolate? Ehhh....

Don't get me wrong, they're pretty. They're practically begging you to eat them. Then you do and... Nope. Too much. And I for one don't like finding little surprises in my food, and fancy chocolate is typically filled with them. God forbid it's fruit... Boyfriends of the future reading this, it's totally okay to just get me some generic chocolate. In fact, it's a better choice!

Godiva? Hmm... Slight improvement.

Pretty much as fancy shmancy as you can get outside the heart shaped boxes of god-knows-what. This is higher because I know what I'm getting, and the shakes are actually pretty good? Why so low, though? It's extremely rich. Like, I have to take little nibbles of a bar in order to not overwhelm my tastebuds kind of rich. Call me a peasant, but... It's a little much.

Lindt? .... Heh, not bad.

Yep, those are the jawbreaker chocolates. Or the gusher chocolates. Or whatever you want to call them. These are the ones that are both elegant enough and still not too rich to eat. They also have mint, which is a plus. I'd say the downsides here would be that they can melt easily and can potentially make a huge mess if not eaten in one but. But I'll eat them, nonetheless.

Hershey - Absolutely

Hershey's are the most common chocolate around my parts, some may think them too sweet, but not me. They're my go-to period chocolate, sad-chocolate, bored chocolate, lonely chocolate... Well, a lot of things. They're still not number one, however, I guess because I'm so used to them. Also, there's always something better out there....

Cadbury *Angel Chorus*

A year ago, I was in London for a semester. While grabbing some snacks, I found a Cadbury Dairy Milk Mint Oreo bar, and decided to give it a try... It was delicious. Heaven's chocolate. I also got around to trying the regular kind too... Also delicious. So much so that I brought like ten of them back to America. My gripe about these? They're exceptionally rare in this country!

As we speak, I'm counting down more to Cheap Candy Day than Valentine's Day. And for those of you complaining that I've forgotten about brownies... They deserve another list.