A Ranking Of Some Of My Articles

My Favorite 3 Articles I've Written For Odyssey During My Time As A Creator, Ranked

All good things must come to an end.

48

It's been 7 months since I began writing for Odyssey as a part of the UCF Community. It was a fun ride, but due to my increasing workload and extracurriculars, it's best for me to bid adieu. However, I want to recount on the topics I talked about and rank my own work. From racial issues to pop music, I think I cast a good spectrum of topics I covered while writing for Odyssey.

3. "The 4 Types Of People, From Stalkers To SJW'S, You'll Find On Twitter"

c1.staticflickr.com

For those who don't know, or couldn't tell, Twitter is one of my favorite social media sites (follow me here). So I decided, why not write about one of my favorite social media sites? It took me a while to figure out just how to write about Twitter. It wasn't until I saw a tweet talking about the 'cults' of different states. It hit me, there are different communities on Twitter that operate very differently. 'Stan Twitter' for example are harsh and can be some of the meanest people on the internet. While 'Black Twitter' is one of the funniest and light-hearted communities on Twitter. If you wanna go more in-depth on the 'cults of Twitter' I suggest you give this article a read here.

2. "College Life As Told By The Queen Of Daytime TV, Wendy Williams"

youtube

Wendy Williams is one of the most outlandish and ridiculous daytime talk show hosts on the air. She has become an internet meme with many photos of her funny faces and poses being used to describe people's moods, funny stories, and jokes. Personally speaking, I use Wendy Williams photos in my texts and tweets to bring more comedic value to them. So, when coming up with an idea for an article, I decided why not make Wendy Williams the center of it. Not to toot my own horn, but this was one of my funniest articles I put out on the Odyssey and I'm very proud of it. If you wanna see how I connected college life to Wendy Williams memes, then click here!

1. "6 Ignorant Things I've Heard As A 'Racially Ambiguous' Biracial Person"

Colin Christian

This was only the third article I wrote for Odyssey, and it was such a personal one! I don't remember how I came up with the idea for this article, but I'm glad the idea popped in my head. I think it helped people understand that although questions are necessary to get to know someone, the wording of the question is what's toxic. This article sparked a conversation between me and people who knew me but didn't know me personally. I got a lot of (not ignorant) questions, that I loved answering. Although it became a rant piece at the end, I'm very proud of what this article became and for the conversation it started with my friends and family.

My time here at Odyssey was a fun one. I loved having my own voice and writing about topics that I wanted to write about. I grew as not only a writer but a person. It really helped me think and voice my opinions more scholarly and I actually read some really well-written articles from my team!

So to end, I would like to thank Larissa, Megan, and the entire Odyssey UCF team for giving me the opportunity to write and have my voice heard and for their endless support.