Let's Raise A Glass To Our Differences: How Heineken's New Commercial Embraces Diversity

Open your mind, open your world.

14
Coed

A few days ago I came across the new Heineken ad that was posted to Facebook. Take a few minutes to watch their advertisement below.

At first, I was unsure how exactly this social experiment was related to a beer company, but it soon became clear. I personally thought it was a creative way to put real issues onto the table which allows for conversation to take place. My favorite part, neither person was aware of their differing opinions when they first met. This calls into question, "is there more that unifies us than divides us?"

I believe this ad helps viewers to open their mind to a new perspective. It shows truly how much we can still accomplish together even if we have conflicting ideals and interests. I am not saying we must agree with everyones opinions, but I believe we should respect those especially if they differ from our own. I think it is good to hear an alternative view to our own as it keeps us on our toes and our mind anxious for more knowledge.

We should not shame someone just because they think differently about something or have an opinion of their own but we should unite together and just talk about these things. This can come from simply not understanding the topic. By discussing it we can open our mind to new ideas and maybe even alter our own.

How does the commercial make you feel?