What It's Like Working At A Starbucks

13 Quotes That Perfectly Explain What It's Like Working At Starbucks

To inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.

106
Photo by Omar Lopez on Unsplash

Of course, like all of my articles, this is just my opinion. I've been working at Starbucks for a few months now, but I can tell you one thing: I've never had a job harder than this one.

"I like to take pictures of my Starbucks cups because, while I don't think my name is that difficult, apparently it is!"

Don't judge baristas for misspelling your name. We really don't care if it's right or wrong when there's probably a long line of people behind you.

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure."

It's usually a good idea to figure out your drink while waiting in line, but it seems people like to wait until they get to the register.

“The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.”

There are some really rude people that come in to get coffee. Lucky them, because we're taught to take it with a smile.

“Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

Now, I always said things wrong before I worked at Starbucks...but when I hear someone pronounce espresso like "expresso," it hurts a bit.

“A day without laughter is a day wasted.”

To work here, you have to be able to joke and laugh with your coworkers. Otherwise, you won't be able to get through the shift.

“I was born to make mistakes, not to fake perfection.”

We mess up drinks from time to time. If something's wrong, simply tell a barista because they'll gladly remake it for you.

“Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.”

You have to learn to let go. It might be easy to let things get to you, but, at the end of the day, it's just a job.

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.”

At Starbucks, you can do the minimum. You have to go out of your way to make connections. It's how you get tips, and how you meet people that might just be your next employer. *wink wink*

"Success is being a good person, treating people well."

Starbucks takes pride in learning the names of regulars and what they drink each time. It's why so many people come back despite the outrageous prices.

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story."

Customers only get a glimpse of who we are as people. You see a smile but not the death of a relative or losing property. Be nice to your baristas. Please!

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it."

Time flies by while working and so do the days. Before you know it, someone is promoted and you might just be next.

"The most complicated skills is to be simple."

We enjoy making simple lattes and getting black coffee. Please get more of those. Thank you.

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

People will never understand how hard this job is until you actually work it. It's mentally and physically draining. Someone comes in every day, thinking they know things that you only learn during training.

Don't ruin our day if you're having a bad one. It's hard enough when you work at Starbucks.