Popular Right Now
It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning. You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret. So here are 20 tattoos where you can't go wrong. Here are 20 small tattoos with big meanings. (But don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!).
SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"
1. A semi-colon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.
2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.
4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."
6.Greek symbol of Inguz: where there's a will, there's a way.
7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."
8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya)
9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty and artistic creativity.
10. The Greek word “Meraki” means to do something with soul, passion, love and creativity or to put yourself in to whatever you do.
11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.
12. Symbol meaning "thief" from the Hobbit. It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.
13. “Lux in tenebris” means “light in darkness.”
14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength & stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.
15."Ad Maiora” is translated literally as “Towards greater things.” It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.
16. A glyphs means “explore.” It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.
17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."
18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower’s first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe & the strength we all have inside of us.
20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can reminds us of the inconsistency of life. It is also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.
If you're like me, you love changing your hair on a monthly basis. I love wearing wigs and box braids. I love cutting and dying my hair as well.
It's a way of expressing one's self and provides creativity in a fun way. When changing your hair often is a way of expressing yourself, it can be pretty difficult when others judge you for it, especially if it's your significant other.
Here are some things that have been said to me that you shouldn't say to your girlfriend or loved one if she decides to cut her hair.
1. "I liked it better when it was longer."Giphy
No. Just, no. There is no way to magically grow it back in one second so don't try to make her regret it.
2. "You kind of look like a guy."Giphy
REALLY? If your girlfriend identifies as a girl, chances are she wouldn't like being called a boy. Don't do this, please.
3. "Why don't you wear a wig or extensions?"
I love wearing wigs but if you tell me to cover up a haircut that I paid for because you don't like it, then I probably will have to go back to being single.
4. "How long do you think it'll take to grow back?"Giphy
Probably longer than you're relationship will last if you keep asking dumb questions.
5. "Don't cut it again."Giphy
Having a girlfriend doesn't mean having a piece of property so don't even attempt to tell her what to do. It's the same with loved ones as well.
6. "You must be insecure with yourself."
This hurts coming from anyone. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be in a bad place in your life to want to randomly cut your hair down short.
7. "You look gay."Giphy
It's 2018 people. Girls can have short hair, guys can have long hair, and "gay" IS NOT an insult.
8. "I don't like short hair on a girl."Giphy
Everyone is allowed to have a preference but if you've already made her your girlfriend and you care more about her hair than her, then you shouldn't be dating her.
9. "If you don't stay consistent, people will think you don't know yourself."
All in all, it IS just hair. It will grow back. Why can't I change my hair often and also know exactly who I am?