Popular Right Now
It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning. You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret. So here are 20 tattoos where you can't go wrong. Here are 20 small tattoos with big meanings. (But don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!).
SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"
1. A semi-colon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.
2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.
4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."
6.Greek symbol of Inguz: where there's a will, there's a way.
7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."
8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya)
9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty and artistic creativity.
10. The Greek word “Meraki” means to do something with soul, passion, love and creativity or to put yourself in to whatever you do.
11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.
12. Symbol meaning "thief" from the Hobbit. It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.
13. “Lux in tenebris” means “light in darkness.”
14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength & stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.
15."Ad Maiora” is translated literally as “Towards greater things.” It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.
16. A glyphs means “explore.” It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.
17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."
18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower’s first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe & the strength we all have inside of us.
20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can reminds us of the inconsistency of life. It is also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.
Your hair is something everyone looks at when they first see you, right? But what happens if your hair is curly? People with curly hair will agree when I say everyday, my hair looks the same. My hair is curly, and though sometimes I love it, there are always those days when I think, "I wish my hair were straight." But that's not all, so here are 10 problems only people with curly hair will truly understand.
1. Your hair always looks the same.
The choice is always if I should do a bun or a ponytail. There is nothing else available.
2. Frizz and humidity are your worst nightmare.
Your hair is already so curly. But then it rains, and your hair grows four sizes larger. The frizzing never stop, no matter how much spray you use. Then there are the times when I straighten it, but somehow, the universe knows and ensures that it is humid that day, meaning my curls are sure to come back.
3. Taking out hair ties is a pain.
You put your hair up, but when you eventually go to take out the hair tie, it's either nowhere to be seen or has already broken! Now, your hair is all over the place. By the end of the month, it is likely you have to buy another pack of them.
4. People are always asking if your hair is natural.
Yes! My hair is naturally curly. I know you probably love it, but I do not want you to touch it. Every time you touch it, well, it becomes even curlier!
5. The amount of time you spend on your hair feels next to zero by the time you leave the house.
Usually, it is a simple brush through. Then during the times when I try, I step out with my hair feeling like I haven't done anything, especially when I use anti-frizz spray! Somehow it ends up becoming frizzy again.
6. When you wash it, it isn't bad...
...but going to sleep with wet hair is the worst.
7. You can't cut your hair too short because an afro forms.
I don't know about you, but I already have curly hair. I don't think that I need an afro with that too.
8. When the wind comes, all you can see in front of you is your hair.
It is as if the weather can never be right. You have a good hair day, but then the wind comes. And now you can't see anything because your hair is everywhere.
9. You step outside on a sunny day, and you see your shadow's hair.
So you think, "My hair looks bad!" It is as if your hair cannot calm down! It makes you want to run away.
10. The things that actually help your hair double or even triple the price! It has become a chore now!
11. Raining outside? Might as well go home!
12. Need to dry your hair?
You are better off going with wet hair.
13. Brushing your hair is probably the most painful thing in the world.
14. Hair in a ponytail?
There is no going back!
15. Having to buy a new brush every month if not more often!
16. The suspense of not knowing how your hair will turn out when it is drying...
...will it be pretty like Rapunzel's or Jasmine's or an ugly hornets nest on your head?
17. But in the end, you have unique hair that sometimes looks fantastic!
You do not need straight hair to love your hair. You need your hair because it is what makes you who you are!