A College Student’s Daily Schedule in Quarantine

It's pretty wack.

10

These few weeks have been crazy for all of us I'm sure. As a college student, it's hard to find the motivation to do anything in the comfort of my home. I try to get into a set schedule, but it never works out. Here's how my days usually go:

9:00 AM

I have my alarm set to wake me up. I slap the snooze button and go back to bed.

11:00 AM

After hitting snooze for the past two hours, I finally wake up. I don't get out of bed though. Instead, I remain under the warmth of my blankets and scroll through social media.

12:30 PM

I finally drag myself out of bed and trudge down the stairs in my pajamas to fix myself some breakfast. My mom is always at the table eating lunch and shaking her head in disappointment. After breakfast, I lounge about on the sofa and watch some videos on the internet. I might check my emails, it just depends on the day. I have schoolwork to do, but I just don't have the effort to do it.

3:00 PM

The realization that I have due dates approaching hits me and I reluctantly brush my teeth and hair before shuffling into my room and beginning some work.

6:00 PM

I take a break from schoolwork to eat dinner. I lounge around for another hour, talking with my family and relaxing, before I take a shower to wake myself up for a night of schoolwork.

9:00 PM

I get super stressed about all the work that I have to do so I hunker down and get super focused on some schoolwork.

10:00 PM

I start to get tired and mentally burnt out so I take a small break to relax my creative muscles by writing. I've got a personal creative writing project that I'm working on progressively. Then I spend the next hour or so finishing up the schoolwork I started earlier.

12:00 AM

To chill out before bed, I brew some relaxing tea, grab a light snack, and snuggle up with some blankets to watch some TV shows.

1:00 AM

I tell myself I'll go to bed at this time and wake up at 9:00 AM. That doesn't happen. Instead I start listening to some music; a terrible decision.

3:00 AM

Everyone in my household is asleep, even my cat. Meanwhile, I'm doing a full on performance in my room to "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" donning a hoodie and a pair of sunglasses. It's become a nightly ritual.

3:15 AM

A sad song comes on shuffle and I have a mini existential crisis.

3:30 AM

I'm back in the groove and start vibing to the Eagles.

4:00 AM

I realize how late it is and actually get to bed.

The whole cycle repeats itself. It's such a hard cycle to break.