Happiness doesn’t come from our circumstances, we make it.
Self Love

Put that Cheer In Gear

Happiness doesn't come from our circumstances, we make it.

229
Rebecca Sagastizado
Rebecca Sagastizado

Let's be blunt here. Life kinda sucks. At least, a lot of the time. Life is hard, it can be boring, annoying, and it can be a plethora of things that just don't sound so good on paper. If life sucks, then typically that means that those living in life are going to tend to feel a bit of a negative disposition towards it. Trust me, I've been there. Just last week life really sucked. I got a ticket, I was sick, my nephew called me stinky, (that one hurt the most.) life just wasn't looking so hot for me! All of a sudden, life didn't suck anymore.

Now you may say in a slightly degrading voice.

"Well David, how in the world did life flip upside down like that, and why are you not just telling us and instead using this very specific and needless example of how someone could ask this question? It seems really pointless, and even though people in life tend to do what you did, where they put a pause in their speaking for dramatic effect, you are now just using it to an extreme that could put off many readers." And if you said all of that then first I would respond with 'how dare you?' followed by an actual explanation, that would more or less ignore the majority of what you said.

So! The way that I personally flipped my life upside down and not really hate living anymore was simple; I changed my attitude. Oh sure, life still sucked hardcore. I still had that tick, was still sick, and still my nephew refuses to apologize for his heinous insults. At this rate I may need to take him to court. Anyhow, the point is, life still was pretty hard for me, but I was changing. Changing gears you might say. Ah yea, see, the title makes sense now. I stopped focusing on all of the bad things that were happening to me and started focusing on the good things.

Of course this really does not change the circumstances of our lives, but it does allow us to rise above the difficulties of our trials, and instead rely on simple yet effective thought processes and attitude adjustments to be happy. I promise you, that if you continuously try to rely on the state of your life for your source of happiness, you will end up a very sad and lonely person.

Your happiness does not truly come from money, possessions, nor trivial things such as popularity, fame, or the such, it instead will be decided when you make the decision to be happy. You must work for happiness, you must put effort into it, lest you will never achieve it. I hope that as you continue forth, that you too will choose to strive to be happy. Never say that it can't be done, try your hardest to hold on to hope, for you need faith in yourself to succeed.

So seek out your joy, and I pray that you find it.