A list of what we love and hate Hogwarts Mystery...

The Pros And Cons Of Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery

Awesome Game!!

137
Photo by James & Carol Lee

Having any doubts about downloading the newest and latest Harry Potter app, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery? Well before I start, let me tell you I believe that this game is truly brilliant and I have not been able to stop playing it. There are a couple cons that I found along the way that can get a tad annoying while playing, but there's a few that are needed to make it a good game to play.

Pro: We get another pre-Harry Potter story.

The app's story takes place after the first wizarding war, while Harry is still a baby. As of yet, there hasn't been any reference to how this story might relate to Voldemort, but it's great to have our own story.

Con: There are energy limits.

What do you mean I need more energy to relax?! I understand the point of having to use energy for tasks but maybe rename a few tasks? Why do I need to use energy to take a nap?

Pro: You meet some classic, beloved characters.

Aside from all your favorite teachers, including Hagrid before he was a teacher, you get to meet some great characters. Some characters include some of the Weasleys and the amazing Nymphadora Tonks.

Con: We have to BUY glasses?!

I wear reading glasses! What if I want my character to wear glasses but don't have the coins or diamonds to pay for them? Same goes for hairstyles, there are a couple I like but the one I really like costs diamonds. You can earn diamonds but slowly, if you want a lot then you have to use muggle money to pay for them.

Pro: You take all your favorite classes!

That's right! You can take potions, transfiguration, herbology, flying, and a bunch more. Some unlock later throughout your years at Hogwarts. Its not always easy peasy though, you gotta work for good grades!

Con: More waiting…

When out of energy, you gotta wait for it to refill. I did my waiting! 12 years! In Azkaban!... sorry couldn't help myself, but we have been waiting to go to Hogwarts and this app is pretty close to giving us the experience. I understand why there isn't unlimited energy but still!

Pro: This holds us over while we wait for Wizards Unite!

If you haven't heard, we're getting a wizard version of Pokemon Go! called Wizards Unite. Hogwarts Mystery is a perfect way to keep us entertained until we can be wizards on the go!

Pro: We finally get to be wizards!

We get to make potions, fly on brooms, and cast spells all with the tips of our fingers! We get our own story, bully and all haha. Definitely, a dream come true if you ask me!

The list may be short but there are so many more pros than there are cons that I didn't want this article to take an hour to read. I hope this gave you a little bit of what to expect in this awesome roleplaying game. It's free to download! So what are you waiting for?!