Pros and Cons of Arkansas Weather

Pros and Cons of Arkansas Weather

1243
Pros and Cons of Arkansas Weather

It's sunny and 75, and you are enjoying this delightful day with a hike at Devil's Den. The wind is calm enough to allow it to be superb outdoor weather. The next morning approaches and it's time to make your trek to class, only for you to find yourself regretting leaving behind your beanie, gloves, and hand warmers. The brisk wind is rigid enough to make your eyes water, and you shove your hands farther into your pockets in an attempt to keep any bit of you as warm as you can. Welcome to Fayetteville, Arkansas. So what are the pros and cons of this oscillating weather?

Pro: You get unexpected sunny days. These days that sneak up on us instantly bring out our granola side, and there is nothing like it. When the weather decides to be beautiful, there are plenty of places for you to get out and explore!

Con: You get unexpected brisk days. Unlike the sunny days, these days that sneak up on us cause us to spend our time wrapped up in our homes while Netflix binging, more likely than not. Classes get skipped in an attempt to escape from these un-welcomed days and the chances of catching a cold are quite high.

Pro: You can find spring in January. What's better than spring-like weather in the middle of January? You expect to be bundled up and hating the outdoors, but instead, you find yourself wanting to go to the nearest park just to enjoy the day!

Con: You can find winter in April. What's worse than winter-like weather in April? In Arkansas, the chances of snowfall in April is just as likely as April showers.

Pro: There is nothing quite like the sight of snowfall in Fayetteville. The picture-perfect view of the hills covered in a blanket of white snow is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful sights that you will ever see.

Con: When it does snow, you are stuck. Unless you are accompanied by a vehicle with intense four-wheel drive, you are not going anywhere in these hills once the snow and ice stick.

Pro: Fayetteville is the ideal place for you to live come summer time. Devil's Den, Lake Fayetteville, Wilson Park, Gentry Zoo, Crystal Bridges ... and that's just to name a few. Fayetteville is easily known for all of its natural beauty and outdoor activities.

Con: Because it's ideal, it can be crowded. Group bike rides are a popular activity during the spring and summer, and you will pass Fayettevillians running everywhere that you look. Just like you, the rest of the town's citizens are wanting to get out and enjoy the day as well, causing it to be a bit crowded each place that you go.