Ways To Stay Productive On Rainy Days

5 Ways To Stay Productive On A Rainy Day

Rain, rain go away - I'm trying to be productive today.

52
https://unsplash.com/photos/1YHXFeOYpN0

A rainy day doesn't have to keep you from getting things done. There is probably a long list of tasks that you have been putting off that you can now get done! Here is a short list to help you think of some things to do on a rainy day.

1.     Stretch.

https://unsplash.com/photos/HOSjS6qIGAs

Set up a comfortable space in your home and listen to the rain outside while you relax. Take this time inside to fully be in your body and shut out the outside world. It may seem difficult to fit stretching into your daily routine when there are so many other things going on. But crummy weather outside means you get to focus inside! Search the web for a beginners yoga video if it's your first time- or just simply relax and let your body do the work.

2. Organize your closet.

https://unsplash.com/photos/yziPJ28P_D4

This doesn't sound like the most exciting task at first, but think about all of the clothes sitting in your closet that you haven't touched in months - maybe years. Cleaning your closet is enjoyable because it will remind you of the old trends you were into (and make you question why you were into it in the first place) and will also make room for new clothes! You will have a better understanding of what you own and what you no longer need to hold onto. Donate the clothes that you never wear, and it's a win-win for everyone.

3. Journal.

https://unsplash.com/photos/8eSrC43qdro

Keeping a daily journal is something that many people don't realize the value in. If you don't usually find time to write in a journal every day, this can be what rainy days are for! Begin a journal entry with the date and freely write about the circumstance of your life and mindset at that exact moment. Not only will this help alleviate some stress, but it may be useful to look back on in the future. It's a surprisingly liberating and relaxing feeling to fully express your inner thoughts without judgment.

4. Scrapbook.

https://unsplash.com/photos/L6lA84MaEdw

We live in an age of technology where someone's life can be told through pictures on your cell phone. But let's not forget about the excitement of physically printed pictures! Take a day to go through your camera roll and print out some pictures that are significant to you. You can hang them on your wall or put them in a book, and can make it as creative as you wish. Revisiting happy memories is a great way to reconnect with your joy and a printed picture has more value than one sitting inside your phone.

5.  Make a family recipe.

Do you make time for yourself to prepare a nice meal? Is there a recipe that's been passed down your family line that you don't always have the time to make? Life can get so busy that you find yourself going out to restaurants or ordering take out pretty often. A rainy day is a perfect opportunity to spend in the kitchen making some comfort food. This can be a group effort from everyone in the house, or just a treat for yourself. Either way, it is rewarding and delicious!

Next time you're trapped indoors on a rainy (or snowy) day, make the most of it!