Prayers For A College Student

Prayers For A College Student

Every college student needs a good prayer, but sometimes we forget to pray for the little things.

129
Prayers For A College Student
Forbes

As I sit and ponder over my college experiences and many days of praying to just get through the week, I've thought of a couple things people could pray for the average college student.

1. May you always have enough money for rent.

While this may not seem like such a worry that college kids have, it often is something that is in the back of our minds that live off campus. Between trying to study for tests, finishing papers, and keeping our sanity in check, that doesn't leave much time to work every day and balance our money.

2. May your Internet never disconnect.

"GIVE ME A BREAK!" you scream as the final episode of "Grey's Anatomy" comes to a halt during your Netflix binge due to the Internet acting up. I'm kidding! We don't binge watch Netflix in college... But really, the number of times you're finishing an online quiz or looking up information for a paper and your Internet just decides to cut out is ridiculous!

3. May you always have leftovers.

This is huge. In college, it's easy to get sick of the cafe food or Ramen for every meal. When we finally get to go out and spend a little cash on ourselves, we expect to get the biggest portions for as little money as possible. This way we can eat like kings all week until we run out and resort to whatever is lying around the dorm.

4. May you always remember your umbrella on rainy days.

Who enjoys walking out of class just to find out you now go to school in the rain forest? Not me! Looking like a wet dog will never be on my agenda! This is when you reach into your backpack pocket, just to realize you had left your umbrella in the car... Of course.

5. May the first search result be the answer.

Hours of searching for the best source to use for a paper is exhausting, not to mention having homework and not being able to find the answers. Often times we can find ourselves typing in Google as many different ways to ask a question as possible and then going down the whole first page... because no one actually goes to the next page. If it's not on the first one, the answer doesn't exist.

6. May your hair look great and your skin be clear.

We've all had those days where we wake up and our hair can't be saved by a brush and no matter what you do to distract from Mt. Everest on your chin, it's still there. For once, we'd like to wake up five minutes before a class and automatically look ready to take on the world.

7. May you take less than 30 minutes to find parking on campus.

Having to miss a class because you can't find anywhere to park on campus happens more often than one might think. The better question is, "Why can't the University put more parking lots instead of more parking passes?" I'm not a math major, but if you sell 100 passes and there's only 75 spots, I think there may be an issue.

8. May you have the motivation to finish all work due on Monday before Sunday night.

I can count on one hand how many times I've had my life together for Monday before Sunday night. Sundays in college have been dedicated to finally remembering about that worksheet that was given out two weeks ago or putting in that last couple of hours of studying.

9. May you sit in a lecture and actually understand what is being taught.

Oh how wonderful it is when your professor says something and it clicks. Everything feels right and for once you believe your professor may not be an alien after all.

10. May you always believe in yourself and stay hopeful.

Lastly, although things don't always go a college kid's way, pray that we stay hopeful. Pray that we will never be discouraged because of all the mishaps. Pray that we always see the light in the darkness because these years are to be our best.