Pope Francis Comes Out In Support Of Sam​e-Sex Civil Unions
Currently

Pope Francis Just Came Out In Support Of Sam​e-Sex Civil Unions

"They're children of God and have a right to a family." — Pope Francis

1166
Pope Francis

In a new documentary, "Francesco," which centered around Pope Francis, the Pope comes out in support of same-sex civil unions.

As reported in America Magazine, the Pope said:

"Homosexuals have a right to be a part of the family... They're children of God and have a right to a family. Nobody should be thrown out or be made miserable because of it."

He even goes as far as saying that there should be a "civil union law" so that the LGBTQ+ community is legally protected.

Pope Francis, who began his papacy in March 2013, said that year that "if a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge?"

It is a big sign of recognition for practicing Catholics in the LGBTQ+ community and a step towards greater equality and acceptance in their spiritual communities.

In the interview, the Pope also condemned the Trump administration's policy of child separation at the border.

The documentary was premiered in Rome on October 21 and will have its North American premiere at the Savannah Film Festival on October 25.