A Pokemon GO Proposal for Maximum Pokecoin

A treaty to help us all become the very best!

238

All right Pokemon Trainers, let's get down to some serious business. I'm talking about Pokecoin.

Pokecoin is the digital currency in Pokemon GO that allows players to buy more of those essential Pokeballs, incense, lucky eggs, upgrades and more. Currently, the only way to get Pokecoin is by spending actual currency (dollars, pounds, etc) OR by having one of your Pokemons defend a gym (you can collect the Pokecoin by opening the store and tapping the top right circle) - this is the only way free way to gain Pokecoin without cheating and it will net you 10 Pokecoin for every Pokemon defending a gym (in which the maximum is 10) every 20 hours.

However, some of you may have noticed that it's hard to hold a gym for more than 20 hours. The gyms I've seen and taken down have gotten up to level 7 and they weren't that difficult to take down. Gyms are easily taken down because their prestige starts to fall after the first defender is defeated. Any one person who is persistent enough could take down a gym given they had enough potions and revives because they get six Pokemons to beat at least one defender. Now, add that there are two teams that want to take over your gym, and we see holding a gym for 20 hours become an even more difficult task.

How do we solve this?

Ideally, you would want to get anywhere from 10 to 1000 of your team members and meet at a gym location so you could quickly take it over, level it up, and leave your strongest Pokemons. However, even this method is subject to fail because there are TWO ENTIRE TEAMS who have 20 hours to knock down your prestige, and they only need to defeat one defender with their six Pokemons to get the ball rolling. As much as I would love to see coordinated meet ups with each team for this to happen, these would obviously be met with opposition from others, ensuing an awesome live clash between tons of Pokemon trainers. Alas, as epic as I'm sure these battles would be, they don't net the players any Pokecoin.

Which is why I am proposing a battle schedule.

Sunday and Monday belong to Team Mystic, Tuesday and Wednesday to Team Instinct and Thursday and Friday to Team Valor.

Here's how it works: Each team will have 48 hours to take over gyms, train and leave their Pokemon; they will remain uncontested during this time so all team members have the opportunity to collect Pokecoin. Once the 48 hours are up, the next team will have 48 hours to do the same thing, and so on for the third team.

What about Saturday? Saturday is a free for fall day, a day where every gym is up for grabs by any team and triumph belongs to the strongest, most coordinated teams.

If we follow this schedule, we should all be able to gain 10-200 Pokecoins and stardust every week. Plus, we get a day specifically meant for battling other teams and proving your might!